SRS Advice to stop

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by triXx, Nov 8, 2007.

1. triXx

triXx Im the crack being smoked by your dealer

Hi, im 20 i smoke drink snort pretty much nething i could get my hands on(used to)

now im on coke pot cigs and any alchohol i can find plus mostly ne pill i can pop or blow

i need to try to stop smoking drinking and putting shit up my nose, i tried to go to AA/NA meetings with my dad for 2 years but it wasnt for me and i continued my destructive habits

the problem with quitting is im living with a friend and every1 that comes thru or im friends with either drinks smokes ect... i cant help myself my will power sucks recently and for a long time now

any suggestions?

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

It's easier to control yourself when you can attach consequences to your actions. If there's absolutely no effect on your life as a result of your habits, then maybe you just want to quit so you can say you did it?

But somehow I expect there are consequences. Talking about them will help you figure out which consequences are the ones you care about, and that will help you focus on quitting so you can avoid those consequences.

3. triXx

consequences, my stupidity, i keep doing it cuz i belive i have more confidence when im fucked up, i do better in general, i want to quit to try and make myself a better person, to say i actually conquered my vices, but so far coke is the only thing ive done halfway right trying to stop

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

You're not the first person to feel more confident when they're high. But it sounds like you've figured out that the inability to think clearly counteracts your increased confidence.

What have you done to try to quit snorting coke? What made that approach work for you? Have you tried doing the same things to quit drinking and smoking up? If so, what went wrong? If not, why not?

5. triXx

i stoped coke by group decsion with 2 friends, and a group of 10 who are much bigger, if i do it again, i get the shit kicked outta me, that keeps my nose cleen of that, but they all smoke and drink ive asked for the same deal on that but they cant do that cuz theyd feel bad for it in that case

6. triXx

are there any groups like AA/NA that dont force feed religion down your throat? i might actually give that a shot

7. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

NA doesnt
    I have over 8 years clean, I'm an atheist and my sponsor is a born again christian :rofl:

we dont care what you are :)

you will quit when it gets bad enough, or jail and institutions force you :o

8. triXx

1 of the reasons i stopped going to AA and NA was that it felt like they tried to forcefeed the religion part down my throat, i kept going trying to keep face for my father who was trying to get me thru it, but to no avail i couldnt take that anymore, like i said coke stoped but pills took its place, vikes oc oxycodone seroquel zanex mdma, i just wanna find something that is for me you know?

9. undirected

undirected Guest

Check out SOS, I was active in AA for a while and I felt the same way although to be fair, they weren't exactly force-feeding it down my throat.

http://www.cfiwest.org/sos/index.htm

10. misha720

misha720 New Member

have you tried any kind of rehab?

11. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Perhaps you went to an overly religious AA meeting. AA isn't about religion. Yes they use the word God but....and this is a HUGE but.....it's not the Christian God it's a God of your understanding. That's why you often hear this God being referred to as a higher power.

Here's the great thing about AA.....you can choose to go to a different meeting. In any given city, there are usually a bunch of meetings that you can go to. Yours isn't working out because too many people talk about Jesus, then move on to a different one. Or stay where you are and remind them of the "God of our understanding" part. Don't just run away.

Many people like you want to say that AA is religious as an excuse for staying out of AA and to keep from having to go to meetings. Yet AA isn't about religion at all. You have seriously misunderstood the message.