Advice on selling PowerBook G4

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Icedog, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Icedog

Icedog New Member

As some of you may or may not know, I recently purchased a new Intel iMac. Well the time as come to sell my six month old PowerBook G4. I'm looking at selling it either at school through the message boards or through a forum such as OT or macrumors.

Does anyone have any experience on selling a used computer? If so, what advice could you offer in the way of payment and shipping? I'm looking for the safest way to sell/ship as I have heard too many horror stories. If anyone is interested in here, shoot me a PM and I could post some pics and specs later tonight.

CLIFFS: want to sell PB, want some advice so I don't get screwed. :ugh:

2. robwormald

robwormald New Member

put in on craigslist for your area... a local sale is always > shipping it around the country.

3. Madness

Madness Do not let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is no

.com

Craigslist, cash only, local pick-up/no-shipping. You may have to deal with an asshole or two but beats getting F'd in the A with paypal/ebay/money order.

If you do deccide to sell on a message board take and secure payment first (regardless of their feedback). No personal checks; USPS money orders or paypal only (by secure payment I mean withdraw the funds from paypal immediatly or cash the money order at the post office). Don't ship until you've got cash in hand. When you do ship choose anyone but UPS (unless you like getting overcharged for slow shipping and package abuse).

Edit: Also remember theres always a chance of getting f'd with paypal no matter what precautions you take.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  4. Icedog

Icedog New Member

:bowdown: thanks for the advice, I was hoping I could sell it to someone at school, it would certainly take the hassle out of shipping and payment.