Advice on losing not bulking...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Acciaio, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acciaio

Acciaio New Member

So I'm going to South America for 3 months this summer and I want to look good. I'm 5'11'' 170 which means I look fine as long as I keep my shirt on. I'm basically just going to follow a simple exercise program to build up some strength (100pushups and 200situps).com. Laugh it up okay but I need some set in stone goal or else I just quit.

Anyways my real question is what should I eat? I figure a reduced cal diet of around 1200 calories/day. I know that whenever I try one of these diets on my own I feel lightheaded and my heart pounds so loud I think I'm dying.

I was thinking a bowl of oats or peanut butter toast for bf. Salad with tuna for lunch. I don't know about dinner. Almonds for snacks. Right now I only take a multivitamin and flax seed oil pills. The fish oil ones made me dry heave 30 mins after taking them. I'm also thinking about picking up Metamucil for fibruh.

I won't go to the gym because I have nobody to go with and shitty form so I'd end up just injuring myself.

Advice?

2. Frank Dux

Frank Dux Guest

good luck finding certain foods in certain countries in south america :rofl:

3. Aspirin

Aspirin OT Supporter

1. 1200 cals is too low
    2. read the nutrition sticky
    3. dailyburn.com whatever foods you can find down there

4. Ish

Ish New Member

(100pushups and 200situps).com

wtf

5. michael grabtree

michael grabtree OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

6. patt

patt New Member

fappped

7. .::Rotten Apple::.

.::Rotten Apple::. OT Supporter

why would you feed your boyfriend a bowl of oats or peanut butter toast?

8. ZACKMORRIS

ZACKMORRIS Active Member

@ 5'11" 170, you must be skinny as fuck

9. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

This. There's a reason you feel that way on a diet of 1,200 cals... It's not enough!

Read the nutrition sticky or follows Pur's diet routine in the sticky "look like a bodybuilder" or whatever, and start doing basic movements like pushups, situps, and look into getting a pullup bar to install in your house. You can get them online for like $40 and they're a big help for someone who refuses to go to a gym.

It seems you don't care much about building muscle, just being lean and relatively in-shape for the beach come this summer. Just do some basic workout movements and follow the diets suggested and you'll be better off than you are now.

10. Acciaio

Acciaio New Member

No. Well people say I'm skinny but it's hard to believe them when I can grab a handful of belly fat.

Okay that thread was pretty helpful about finding good foods. Seems like everyone has their own diet favorites so I just picked out a good amount for my next grocery trip. And I have that sweet pullup bar thing. Along with the hundred pullups/ two hundred situps, I'm slowly working my way up to 25 pullups. It has like 6 different grips. So I can work a range of muscles. Thanks for the tips.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.