Advice on getting into PTing/related fields?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Discovery44, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Discovery44

Discovery44 Thread Killer

I've been in the business field for about 6 years now and I'm just not cut out for the office job life. The only thing I could see myself being interested in doing is something like Personal Training, Nutritional Consultant, or something in those areas. With a degree in Business Mgt., I feel like I may have to start from scratch. So, any advice on getting started?

2. Discovery44

Discovery44 Thread Killer

I was thinking of becoming a part time trainer at a 24-hr fitness to just get a feel for things.

3. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

i've been wanting to do that for awhile. i might supplement my income with some PT when i go firefighter/paramedic.

theres tons of certs out, just find out what the most popular is and start with that. physical therapist would be good too, but then you have to go to school.

same with recreational therapist (canoing and hiking and kayaking with old people, stuff like that)

4. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

:werd:

i'd rather do it out of my garage for cheap, just for fun and small profit. get "sales" via word of mouth.

5. The Boy Bastard

The Boy Bastard Bewbie's??

The only one even close to doing such a thing is 24 hr fitness and they have restructered alot in the last couple years. Even then you had to sell yourself, but they didn't charge rent and you could get clients from the sales councilors from time to time.

Every other gym in my experience you usually pay rent or work floor hours (be their bitch instead of paying rent) and 100% of client development/acquiring is in your hands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.