WEB Advice on choosing the right CMS

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Jay Pheezy, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

I'm starting work on a site that will be heavily based on user-submitted content. Up until this point, I'm leaning towards Drupal as my choice to build around. I'm making this thread to see if one of you guys have a suggestion that may be better.

To put things into better perspective, I looked around for a site similar to what I'm trying to accomplish. The closest match I could think of is http://thoughtblend.com .

In my case, the content will not be people's thoughts, but I do how like how they have things set up- list of categories, a few featured articles on the front sorted by rating/views/etc., submit button, etc.

So what I'm looking to know is, what CMS, if any, would be best in my case?

Any advice is good :wiggle:

Edit: The content will be 99% articles. Not really news articles, but what I'm trying to convey is that they will be mainly text.

2. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Sounds like you're headed in the right direction.

3. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

Anyone know roughly how much a Drupal designer would charge?

I could finagle the modules myself, just wondering how much design runs on average?

4. n00btr0n

n00btr0n New Member

i own a few websites that all use Drupal. After evaluating a few other CMS options, we found that Drupal was the best. I got a good Drupal guy too, if you like, pm me, or AIM me at OMGitsWOM