TAT Advice on a tat

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by partizan036, Nov 29, 2007.

1. partizan036

partizan036 New Member

Ok, I decided a few years ago that I wanted to get a tat, so i had a few ideas, disliked them after a few weeks, then I asked a friend of mine (all tatted up) what to do. His advice was, pick one or two designs, put them under your bed or w/e for a year, take them out and if you still want them get them/it.

I made out the design, did exactly what he said, its been about a year and a half and I still want the same thing.

Problem: I live at home, go to university, im a free bird but all my decisions one way or another have to go through my father. Ive tried talking to him bout it, theres no winning about the tattoo issue. He just gives me 'the look'

Any ideas how to persuade?

2. Rich

Rich New Member

Your av would make a good one.

3. partizan036

partizan036 New Member

Na, my political beliefs change too often. Im in my 'anticapitalist' mode right now :)

The actual tattoo is the letters IC XC with squiggle lines atop of them (Like on the Orthodox cross) on the back of my arm, between the elbow and shoulder.

4. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

How old are you?

5. partizan036

partizan036 New Member

6. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

old enough to make your own decisions and delal with them accordingly.

However, if you are living on your father's dollar, under you father's roof, then respect him and don't get a tattoo until you move out.

7. partizan036

partizan036 New Member

Thats the problem

8. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

No need to persuade. You're an adult. It's YOUR body. Do what you like to it.

9. Seraph

Seraph Guest

I think the term "adult" is a relative one. Living at home, still being supported financially by your parents, and being scared to do something because of your parents at the age of 20 does not make you an adult.

I'm assuming since they still support you, it would be HIS money funding this project, so YES you should make sure you have his approval first.

Go out and get a job, move out, pay your own bills without support from your parents, and I will be 100% behind you on getting the ink.

10. Seraph

Seraph Guest

Oh, and old people are VERY set in their ways when it comes to things like tattoos. Some are accepting and open to it, but many are still pretty old fashioned and think tattoos are still looked down upon.

Good luck persuading. It will be difficult, but it is possible!

11. partizan036

partizan036 New Member

I pay my bills, i just don't pay for living at home.. And i would be paying for the tat.

12. TinMan

TinMan New Member

man if you want it bad just do it ... i showed my mom my tribal piece when i was 18 and she just gave me the look... then asked if it hurt. once its done theres nothing they can do about it

good luck