SRS Advice on a girl I just met.. + Do you guys think shes interested at all?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by k1d., Oct 25, 2007.

1. k1d.

k1d. New Member

Since I know most OTers always just ask for cliffs.. I'll do the big favor of just cliff noting everything.

Cliffs:
    -Met a girl in my chemistry class last week.
    -Talked to her a bit one night, asked her if she wanted to study together or do a study group, and she said it wasn't her thing. Talked a bit more that night, convo ended up leading to types of guys she likes, and types of girls I like.
    -By the end of the night she said she might be down to do a study group thing or whatever the next day.
    -Ended up studying from 7PM - 2ish AM the next day, with a few of my friends that are from my class.
    -Helped her the next day also, she ended up getting a 100, and I believe I was the first person she called with the news.. but its probably a given since I helped her out.
    -Next day, I texted her saying I was going to go eat with a few of my friends, and if she wanted to come or not.. I also mentioned she could bring friends..
    -She showed up, but with no friends... everything was cool and all.
    -Wednesday I saw her at school at basically a lounge area... she sat behind us, and I didn't even know.. she kinda walked by a few times, and I ended up walking over and saying Hi.. we talked a bit before she had to go to class...

Now the question is... do you guys think shes showing any signs? How should I bust out with asking her on a date or whatever?
    Or am I just over analyzing the situation, and should wait a bit longer?

2. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Stop looking for signs. You're looking for the "Green Light" to go ahead without risking anything. The longer you do this the smaller your chances of attracting her will be.

Get on the ball. Ask her out on a DATE. Tell her, "Hey, I am going to _________ on Sunday and it would be cool if you came along. It's a good time! How about I pick you up at 7?"

Always ask her out with a SPECIFIC DATE and TIME in mind. Also, ALWAYS have a BACK UP DATE for a different SPECIFIC DATE and TIME in mind in case she already has plans.

Your window of opportunity is best right NOW before you friendzone yourself or take too long shuffling your feet waiting for the right "sign" or "Green Light". Ball up and do it.

3. k1d.

k1d. New Member

Should I ask her out to eat? Or to some other place...
    It's been awhile since I asked a girl out.. the last time was in HS when we still couldnt drive... so it was fucking ez mode back then..
    Help me out =]

4. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Ask her out to lunch, to dinner, or to something else like Miniature Golfing. Something that will allow the two of you to talk, flirt, joke, tease, etc. No movies. Movies do the entertaining for you, no interaction.

5. royalk4

royalk4 New Member

If you can drink.. Mini golf or something like that is fun if you take some small liquor with you. It always makes first dates less akward for everyone. Just don't get drunk.

6. k1d.

k1d. New Member

I drink.. but I'm not 21! I can probably sneak stuff in, since I can get someone to buy the stuff for me...

So far I thought about..
    Sushi
    This indoor go-kart race track place(Shes a pretty cool chick, and she's a crazy driver! Figured she'll enjoy it)
    I would do the mini golf thing, but I never played golf!
    Any other suggestions? I live in Houston if that helps out.

Other then that, what do you guys think about the go kart idea..

7. scx

scx New Member

do whatever you think will be fun
    im guessing you're in college.. college is the time to do what you just feel
    I think you're looking at it too seriously, just have fun
    like what the other person said - look for the green light

8. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

Don't offer her alcohol if you and her are not 21. That's a big giant turn-off.

Does she like sushi? Is she the adventurous type, if she never had sushi before? If so, then this would be perfect!

How about doing the go-kart AND the mini-golf? There are places that offers both, and you should do both! If she hasn't mini-golfed either, it's ok, it'll be a fun and new experience for the both of you.

Just go up to her and ask her if she'd like to go out with you for some sushi and afterwards, a game of mini-golf and maybe go-kart racing.

9. JDM5LugHatch

JDM5LugHatch New Member

Ha.... me neither and I never really had the desire to go either. Went about a month ago with my fiance and some friends and we had a blast. Best part about it was that it was so inexpensive. Trust me you will enjoy it. \

10. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

GoKart's FTW. You're connecting her personality with an event, thats important.