SRS advice needed:GF may be preganant

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by skullmaster, Dec 27, 2005.

1. skullmaster

skullmaster New Member

OK! Here are the facts.

My girlfriend went on birthcontrol 2 months ago. She has been spotting for the first month, and then it stopped.

She talked to the doctor and she said it was working fine. Her periods were due on saturday. Today is monday and she still hasent had them. She got cramps a few hours ago and she spotted a bit. I'm fucking scared. Even if she gets preganant, I know I'm not going to leave her side because thats what fucking pussy's do. It is equally my fault, but thats all in the worst case senario(sp?)

Does anyone have any experience with birthcontrol? Can someone please tell me what is going to happen? Is there still a chance that she might not get preganant?

I am 18 years old, first year freshman in college.

2. johan

johan Active Member

what kind of birth control? depo shot?
    low dose? triphasic?

The KIND of b/c she used is critical to this discussion. Some spotting is quite normal, early on, with some kinds of b/c.

If she has been evaluated by her doctor, and been told it's fine then trust the doctor.

If you're worried because you know she's not very disciplined about taking her pill, then she should get on the patch or the shot.

And lastly, not to preach too much, but if you're so freaked out by this episode, I think you ought to really evaluate whether you're actually ready to have sex. "Ready" as in emotionally ready for the consequences, that is.

unplanned early pregnancy is, bar none, the best and easiest way for a teen to completely derail the good life that lays ahead of you.

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2041878

great thread to read.

edit: I hope you realize that none of us can tell you whether or not your girlfriend is pregnant. The easiest way to calm your nerves is to go to your local drugstore or Walmart and buy a $5.00 pregnancy test.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2005
  4. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

it depends on what she is on. some women are just not that regular in their menstrual cycle. birth control can also really fuck with a womans body as well. best advice would be to wait it out. if she doesnt get it, all you can do is take a pregnancy test.

5. CastorTroy

CastorTroy New Member

The best advice is to go buy a test and see what it says. You can play out scenarios and reasons for this and that, but in the end they won't tell you if your in the clear, or have about 38 weeks left of freedom.

6. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

In all fairness, having a child is not the end of your life. It is what you make of it.
    Plus there ARE other options ;)

7. Hootahz314

Hootahz314 I have daddy issues

Read the pamphlet first to find out whether some breakthrough spotting is normal. Her body has to adjust in order for the pill to work effectively. If she IS pregnant it is important you find out now so that she can come off of the pill, I'm not sure what kind of damage it would do to the baby, but I'm sure it isn't safe.

8. kakariko

kakariko Purple Member OT Supporter

Do yourself a favor and go to the drug store and buy 2 pregnancy kits.. $25 will be worth the piece of mind..

9. johan

johan Active Member

Ok, if you won't tell me what kind of b/c she's on, then go to her regular doctor, the one who prescribed the b/c in the first place.

10. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:uh: You are obviously too young and immature to be having sex if you're flipping out like this. Periods are not "due" on certain days, they will come when they feel like it. The more you worry and stress her out about this, the later it will come. If you are THAT worried go buy a pregnancy test.

11. johan

johan Active Member

12. dew

dew Banned

get it removed and contine ficvking

13. big 1

big 1 New Member

My ex GF did that when I was with her. It came out negative. Went to the doctors and it came out positive. I left her about 2 weeks before finding out she was pregnant with my child. I left her so i can be with my ex as she was just a rebound. I am 21 and fucked now. Keep your dick wrapped up.:sadwavey:

14. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

sufficient advice given...

however, i'll add my .02... i'm on ortho tricyclen low and i spotted for ~3 months when i first started. my gyno said anything > than that is :nono:

go to the gyno... they will know EVERYTHING! :)

15. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

You do realize that a doctor can tell you much earlier than a home pregnancy test can if you're pregnant ;)

16. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

What was her period like before being on hormonal birth control? Was she like clockwork?

You really need to have her go to the doctor and have a proper pregnancy test. And maybe the two of you shouldn't be having sex. You obviously aren't emotionally prepared for the consequences.

What would you do if she WAS pregnant? Would you be prepared to deal with what she wanted to do? would you be able to handle it if she decided she wanted to keep the baby? Or terminate? Or put it up for adoption? Ul.timately it would be her decision to make and you need to support her 100% in whatever she did if she turns out to be pregnant.

Seriously, if she turns out NOT to be pregnant (which i think is the case here) you two need to think about if you are mature enough to be screwing.