Advice needed from you successful ripped brolys

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Petuhmonator, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petuhmonator

Petuhmonator Guest

alright i need some suggestions
    im trying to develop some lean muscle mass while cutting fat.
    im 5'9'' roughly 195 lbs. been working on cutting fat for the past 2 months and have significantly reduced my body fat percentage from 30 to 18...but the last 10 lbs of fat seems to be pretty damn stubborn when it comes to letting go. heres a picture of me trying to flex my abs... as you can see no definition whatsoever. any advice/suggestions?
    [​IMG]
    this is not to say i wanna get skinny. i still wanna bulk up, just feel like polishing the muscles a lil before i do so.

2. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Unless you're on roids or just starting to work out, you'll have to pick one.

You don't look bad, I'd keep cutting for awhile so you can get to a lower BF% and then bulk for longer. Have you decreased your caloric intake since losing that mass? As you drop weight you'll need to decrease the calories to keep the losses coming, not significantly but enough.

3. Petuhmonator

Petuhmonator Guest

yeah i know, the thing i hate about decreasing caloric intake is that i loose muscle mass. my diet consist of 40% protien, 40% fat, 20% carbs... i have read that increasing my carb intake would actually increase my metabolism..and i have read otherwise... what is your take on it?

4. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

After being stuck at 18% for 2 months I did a crash diet to get to 15% but I also lost a ton of strength.

5. Mass

Mass Active Member

while your dieting, be sure to throw some side lateral raises in there ;)

6. Petuhmonator

Petuhmonator Guest

hahah ill throw in a couple lat raises here n there

7. ralyks

ralyks New Member

I think the general rule is 11-12x body weight with 1g protein/lb bodyweight, 20% good fats and rest carbs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.