Advice needed from the PUA's (Long)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Tre003, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Tre003

Tre003 OT Supporter

The Backstory:
    Known this girl, we'll call her 'G' since I was about 8 years old (24 now). Her mother is good friends with my aunt, so it's not like I see her all the time, maybe once or twice a year..

The Situation:
    Over the past couple months I've run into her at a few places because one of my buddies is friendly with her friend. On Saturday we ran into them at a bar and it was the type of place where you have to lean in to hear people talk.. My buddy saw 'G' first and told her I was there and she said she wanted to say Hi to me.. I tried to play off the whole "Have her come to me.." thing but in that bar it just wasn't really feasible (much easier for me to push people out of my way than have her get tossed around). I went over to her, greeted, hugged, made some small talk (with light physical contact ie. touching her arm as we spoke)... was going to buy her a drink but the bartender set one down in front of her just as I asked "what are you drinking".. followed that up with "I guess you're all set". As we're chatting, her friend has to go to the bathroom, so of course, she has to go but she tells me she'll be right back. I didn't wait around for her, just went back to my buddies and did my thing. As we're leaving I go up to her to say Bye and asked for her number, she gave it to me, and again, I initiated contact (hug, kiss on the cheek) and left.

The Question:
    I plan on calling her on Wednesday, to ask her out for a drink on Saturday night (was thinking lunch, but apparently that means instant friendzone).. Does this sound like a plan? Also, in all honesty, she's probably a little out of my league as far as looks go, but I'm not overly concerned with that. Any Do's and Dont's for the phone convo?

What do you guys recommend.

2. Cthalupa

Cthalupa New Member

Sounds like things went well at the bar, though it sounds like her friend cockblocked you. Should have interacted with her some too - her having to go to the bathroom is pretty much the signal for "Hey, I'm being ignored here, let's go".

Keep the phone conversation short. Use it for setting up the date, and that's about it.

And yeah, don't worry about the looks thing. You sound like you're a confident guy, so you've got nothing to worry about there.

As for how things went at the bar - going to them is the thing to do. Standing around waiting for people to come to you makes you seem too aloof, etc. The light kino is good. Only thing is buying her a drink - every guy that is going to be hitting on her is going to offer to buy her a drink. The rules are a bit different in this case, since you know her rather than this being the result of a cold approach, but don't be too quick to supplicate yourself.

3. NCS

NCS Active Member

sounds good. the ONLY problem i see is that you're already worrying too much (making this post) about one woman in particular (oneitis) and not general technique.

don't follow general number calling day rule stuff. some girls ill call the next day, some a week later. it all depends on what the situation is.

4. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

looks don't matter. Looks DO NOT MATTER.

Saturday night is a pretty big night to be asking a woman out on - it's the most important night of the week, so be conscious of that. She might have plans, and she might think you're a bitch with no friends. Alternately if she's very into you, she might be suer excited. good luck