SRS Advice needed about contacting a girl

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 134k, Feb 15, 2006.

1. 134k

134k New Member

So the situation is that I met and talked to a girl at a new job orientation. The only problem is that I was too afraid to ask for her #. After today I doubt we'll see each other again because we both work different shifts. Anyhow I googled her name and found her email addy. Should I contact her this way, or should I stop this stalking and hope to see her again? P.s. our company is huge employee wise so meeting her again is 90% unlikely-

2. Panoptimist

Panoptimist Put a bangin' donk on it.

I don't know if I'd email her. Maybe if you could get the number from the company and explain what brought you to do so. But making her think you looked her name up on the internet, found her email and emailed her. I dunno. Maybe some girls think that's cute.

3. 134k

134k New Member

That's a great idea. I'll have to wait till we get our email addys set up at work. Thanks!

4. lastrain13

lastrain13 Not Awaiting Approval

It depends on the girl. Some might think its cute if you email them, but others could find it creepy. If I were you I'd find out what hours she works and then stop in during her shift :)

5. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

:werd: You're probably better off trying to see her again. When you do, don't mess it up! You might only get one shot. If you're getting nervous when doing it of fucking up or something, just keep telling youself you'll hardly be seeing her anyway, so it won't make that much of a difference. JUst reemmeber rejections a part of life. And.. you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. So just take it, what do you got to lose.. nothing. :)

6. 134k

134k New Member

well looks like getting her email addy at work will be awhile cuz she's an intern. but yeah i'll need to "bump" into her again and nit mess it up! thanks guys

7. Ded Guy Walkin

Ded Guy Walkin New Member

yeah man, who knows. Maybe she'll notice you're going out of your way to "bump" into her, and she might get the hint?

8. GRocks10

GRocks10 New Member

heres a great way.. check if shes on myspace... if you know her full name, check if shes on there because 7 out of 10 people I know these days are on that site which is crazy so maybe you find her on there and then send her a message and tell her you decided to see if she was a member. Makes things less "creepy" and more like you're checking out who you've met or know that can be a member on that site. I've found plenty of old friends by searching their names out on that site.. its a great little tool. :)

9. McFly

McFly New Member

I did this exact move myself. Met a girl in a new hire orientation. 90% of the people were from out of state so conversation was easy. I just e mailed her and said - "Hey I was in your orientation class..." She is really cool and have talked to her for a while now. Met her for lunch at the cafeteria in her building down the road from mine. Haven't seen her since Xmas break but I just e mailed her taday and will meet her for dinner soon...

Dude, go for it, you have NOTHING to lose. This is a window of opportunity, and you must jump thru it.

10. 134k

134k New Member

I ended up emailing her at the address I found on the intraweb....and she replied back...without any problems. Dude, I was surprised, considering I was already setting myself up for rejection...but it went well

11. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

Just goes to show everyone that there's no point to overthinking things, just do it. :)

12. McFly

McFly New Member

Excellent!:bigthumb: I am glad you went for it. I used to be the guy that was always hesitant and always overthinking things to the point of "she won't even like me anyway" But that just sucks to think that way. You have to make moves, we just have to, and I have learned that the last few years and it has opened my eyes to things I have been missing out on for years. Good luck, I hope things turn out!