advice: getting to know a girl

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mojo, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Mojo

Mojo New Member

hey everyone, im stuck on a situation so first ill give some background of whats going on.

me = college student, 19 going 20. if it matters, im pretty big..200lb 5'7. asian male. but i do lift weights 4 days a week so i could say i got muscle.
    the girl i am interested in is latina i believe since i heard her talking to her friends in a hispanic language

so i have this lab course with a girl that i would like to get to know with. problem is, she is ALWAYS with her 2 good friends and they are always talking with each other and there would never be a time where i can chat with this young woman alone.
    i am hoping one she would be alone since she sits next to me in the lab course. but something in my head tells me shes not interested..why? -she doesnt bother to start an unrelated convo about the class with me and just the expression from her face when she speaks to me, its kind of like 'serious' face instead of the 'friendly'. i always thought if someone is truly interested in you, they usually tend to be easily amused and smilie when communicating with you, correct?

however, she does have my cell... BUT the only reason why she has it is because i gave it to her is about burning a cd for her (a cd for the lab course). it wasnt a biggie for me so i offered her and wanted to be a gentlemen. (keep in mind, im burning this same cd for 2 other people, 1 for her friend, and 2, some random guy). she asked how much i wanted for it but i said its ok, no charge...im guessing thats a good first impression eh? oh yeah, and i do have her cell number stored in my phone. what would i even say if i just called her on her cell randomly? i have bad luck meeting new people (mostly females :hsd: ). i get too worried about ruining my impression and getting so nervous and whatnot. if i called her cell and something goes wrong, im gonna look like a complete idiot when i show up to class sitting next to her

advice, suggestions, ideas, anything?:wavey:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2005
  2. lauren

lauren Active Member

you seem sweet. :)
    ok, concerning her serious face. dont worry about it too much. i met a guy the other day, and after the meeting he was like "you hate me, dont you" and i didnt, not at all....but that was just the vibe i gave, and give, around people im not comfortable with. some people are just like that...shy...and sometimes it comes off as aloof or bitchy or pretenous or stuck up or snobby or mad or bored or whatnot. ive been called it all. dont take it at more than face value.

try to get in a repor of pleasent banter, make her smile.

as for her co conpiritors, are they are the next station over? can you ask her for clarification or somehow get her over to your station alone, and be like 'hey, btw, would you be interested in grabbing some lunch after this?' labs are soooo long, you are enevitibly hungry after them.

calling her out of the blue is probably a bad idea. i dont know. if you do, do it during the day, not at night. ask if she was interesting in working on something together, studying for a class or something. you have an in, work it.

what course is it? is she a frosh? chances are, shes just shy. or a bitch. rarely is there middle ground in this kind of situation. if its the former, youll be fine. if its the latter, youre better off without her.

hope that help. im horrible at this sort of thing. rememeber, if youre nervous, she is too.

3. Mojo

Mojo New Member

thanks.
    her 2 buddies are on her left side which is the next computer station by hers. and im on the right side of her. theres no walls or nothing, just chairs, a long table with computers down the row. if i were to say anything to her, 6 people around me can easily hear it lol.

its a strictly lab course, everyday assignment is: sign in, sit at your computer, do chapter 'x' and then fill out the questions at the end. done day. its a 4 hour course every friday but most students tend to finish within 2 hours.

i really dont know her age or grade level at the college, but if i had to guess, prob her first year only because ive never seen her for the past 2 years i been at this campus. she looks at 19 y/o, but not over 23.

4. lauren

lauren Active Member

does she every leave to go to the bathroom or get water? maybe you could intercept. :dunno:

5. Mojo

Mojo New Member

hmm, i think i have an idea. but it requires pefect timing.

i usually finish my lab work earlier than others (since i have work from a friend who took it in the past). i can wait after im done til she exits the room then before i exit the building, i can prob say something..:dunno:

6. JekJek

JekJek OT Supporter

theres nothing wrong with just going straight up to her and asking her if she wants hang out sometime