Advice for injury??

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by GTP3, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTP3

GTP3 New Member

Hey guys,

I've been going to the gym about 3-4 times a week for the past couple months. Today, I started my workout with inclinded dumbell press, and felt something weird around my collar bone. I stopped after doing another set, thinking it was pretty minor. Basically around my right collar bone, from my neck to my shoulder, the muscle is pretty sore, and hurts when I move my arm up. I'm pretty sure its the muslce and not the bone. Has anyone had anything similar happen to them?

I stretched before and after the workout, but it seems to be getting worse now. I have a feeling when I wake up tomorrow morning it will be much worse.

2. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

yes i've had that pain before. basically i went easy on whatever exercises aggrivated my injury and after awhile it went away. i'd suggest the same. probably stayed around for a 1-2 months

3. GTP3

GTP3 New Member

thanks for the advice
    i plan on staying away from that exercise for at least the next month
    weird thing is, if i shrug my shoulders up, the pain goes away
    if i lower my shoulder, it gets more painful

are there any stretches or remedies that would speed up recovery?
    i took a hot shower right after...it felt a bit better, but that feeling was only temporary :hs:

4. GOGZILLA

GOGZILLA Double-Uranium Member

if youve strained something you dont want to stretch it more. ice and ibuprofen. if you didnt feel anything warm or a pop when it happened it means there wasnt a bad tear or anything. sounds like upper pec and nothing scapular which is good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.