A&P Advice for CA in Pana shot

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by HaloZ, Feb 14, 2009.

1. HaloZ

HaloZ New Member

ok I'm trying to get a decent merged shot out of CS3 and I can get it about 90% of where I would like it for lack of chromatic aberration (mainly fractured buildings) created from the editing processes.

Should I try and take each shot and split it 2/3s from the right and left and create 2 pics so the auto function has less surface to deform and more over laying image to use to give a more correct rendering?

These shots where from a trip I took about 4 months after I got my first DSLR but i wasn't able to get enought practice as i would have liked b4 hand do to my work schedual. So I know they kind of suck, but I'm trying to do the best I can with what I got. I hope I get another chance to go to Tokyo and re-shoot a lot of the stuff I did.

[​IMG]

2. ThexToddster

ThexToddster New Member

Did you go to automate->photomerge> auto? I've never had to manually align any of my panos. :dunno:

3. HaloZ

HaloZ New Member

yes, but if you look towards the far right of the pana, the building are tilting a bit much, and some are very noticeable and annoyingly towards each other.

if you have ever go in to the "lens correction" function it stretches the picture, the larger the pic the more it distorts on the edges. so if splitting a pic into 2, each composed of 2/3rd of the 1st shot, would that limit the distortion?

i was wondering if any one who has tried a shot this big, if they have had these issues and if so, how did they corrected/manipulated it?

4. ThexToddster

ThexToddster New Member

I see what you're saying now. I'd just try a few different ways and see what happens. Most people wont even notice. :mamoru: