Advice again

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by God of Thunder, Jan 17, 2010.

1. God of Thunder

God of Thunder New Member

Okay, I have a bad habit of blowing things before I ask for advice, so this time, before I do anything too stupid, im going to ask first! (see, this is learning from your mistakes!).

There is a girl in my evolution class, I have seen her over the past year or so but never had the opportunity to talk to her. So seizing an opportunity in the class, I sat fairly close to her. Well she saw my iPhone and started talking to me about it and whether I liked it or not, it ended up with her asking questions about me, and all that good stuff. So I was feeling pretty good about the whole situation. When we were getting ready to leave, she asked me if I had facebook and I said 'yes' and she replied that I should add her, so she stays right next to me while i search for her on my phone, after I find her, I add her, and tell her that I had to get going.

Two days later, I send her a message on fbook chat just saying hi, and she makes small talk telling me she's getting ready for class at 1 (it was 1230 when I was talking to her) and then after a few minutes she said she had to leave to go to class. It never really developed into a real conversation, but anything could have been a factor (ie. her getting ready, maybe eating, etc). I won't see her again till wednesday (last wednesday was when I saw her last) and don't want to come across as anything bad, I have good vibes about this girl and don't wanna blow it before i leave the gate. So whats the best way to proceed?

Also....I have been on facebook one other time when she was on there, but I didn't send her a message hoping she'd msg me, but she never did.......so I don't know if she's interested or not.

Need advice! thanks for reading!

2. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

get her phone number

3. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

yes shes interested

not that it matters now, but when she asked if you had facebook and stuck around for you to add her, you should have said something to get her # (ie: i just use it for networking, whats your #)

you can either hit her up on fb and go hang out with her or wait til wednesday and either get her # or ask her to hang out right then and there

she seems pretty interested so it doesnt really matter which route you go (asked questions about iphone :rofl:)

4. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

you're in

don't blow it

5. God of Thunder

minor update:

she was on facebook, so I went ahead an used Fbook chat to talk to her.

I opened with talking about her new pictures, and we made small talk. I then came up with " so tell me about your life story" and she came back with "let me sum it up for you.....AWESOME" I said "am i uspposed to be impressed by that?" and she said "yeah...duhhh" and then I said ....

"Oh I am very impressed then, what I am more impressed by is how in 2 years you've never spoken a word to me" and she said "yeah. agreed" and I said "what are you agreeing too?" and she said "im not sure, but we should talk more!"

so that sounded good, I asked her if she was a KC Royals fan and she said she loved them, I then explained that through my aunt I get free ticket, so if she ever wanted to go, she should just holler at me.

She never directly answered that question, but instead came back with "so do you play any sports" I told her which ones I play, and one of which i mentioned was bowling, and she said she used to bowl. I said we should get together and see who's better, and she responded with

"well I gotta get outta here and go get my girlfriends, i'll talk to you soon'
    and i said

"so youre turning down my offer!"

and she said

"yeah because its been forever since ive bowled. .....lol"

and i said "okay, later"

6. God of Thunder

basically, i see goods and bads in there....like not saying anything about baseball (which is a few months away) and if she was really interested, i think she'd have wanted to bowl, even if she sucked.

7. Spaceering

Spaceering I bite.

:ugh:

good job leaving it in her hands.

i would have just said, come with me to the KC Royals game next week, I have a second ticket for the seat next to mine and it would be my pleasure if you accompanied me

i kind of dislike your approach and how you put her in the drivers seat for everything :eek3:

8. Diesel66

ask her out

specifically

9. God of Thunder

i see your points, will fix this, as your ideas are clearly better than mine

10. God of Thunder

will do.

11. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Holy passive aggressive.

She pretty much rejected you twice and you still think that went ok?

A girl who is into you won't avoid making plans with you dude. A girl who is into you is going to be excited about the prospect of doing stuff with you.

12. God of Thunder

i said that....in post 6.

13. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

abort

14. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

umm...what question?

This is a mistake that lots of guys make, they make some little mention of something, say that "we should do something sometime" and that's it. That does not count as making a move and just makes you look kinda lame for not having the balls to say what you really want.

I always wondered...when a guy says this, what exactly do you expect a girl's reaction to be? Do you think that she is going to make the plans and do all the work for you? You are the one that wants to ask her out so you need to make a specific plan so she knows you are actually interested in seeing her.

Saying "we should get together sometime" is a line people use to sound like they want to hang out with someone without actually having to do it.

15. speedy

speedy New Member

sounds like you're jumping the gun asking her to a baseball game down the road. start off simple, ask her if she wants to get coffee/grab a bite to eat after class

16. God of Thunder

this conversation just happened

advice

Me - so I was thinking, you and I should go grab a bite to eat sometime this week, and during that, you can elaborate on why youre life story is defined as 'awesome'

Her - Sure we can! haha

Me - aight cool, whats your number and ill call you later and setup a day

Her - xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Me - Ok, I sent you a text

Her - I got it

Me - okay, we'll set something up, it'll be fun

Her - i dont wanna make this weird lol but i dont want it to be like a date thing just cuz i just got out of a serious relationship and im taking time for myself, not that you said it was or anything, but you no

Me - thats cool, I am just interested in getting to know you.

we talked a little longer and she made some jokes and stuff, but I am a little worried about that bolded comment. I mean, if she wasn't interested at all, she could have easily lied and said she was dating someone. So part of me thinks maybe she wants to take things slow and really get to know me, what does the vag think?

17. Diesel66

yeah, that's a FAIL. move on.

18. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I wonder how many guys miss out ona great experience because they move on after some silly little shit like this?

Wish I had a nickel for every girl who has said what is in bold and then turned around and was in a serious relationship like a month later. :rofl:

Like I told you in my PM, dude, you worry about you and let her worry about her. Go on the "date" and have a good time without having an end goal in mind. Bust her chops. Laugh. Have a blast and enjoy the experience. And make no bones about who you are or what you want. If the moment feels right to you, make a move of some kind (i.e. kiss her, touch her, whatever) and let HER be the one to reject you...don't reject yourself before you even get in the game! That's fucking retarded.

19. Diesel66

oh she will be, just not with him . :mamoru:

20. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

If so, then who cares? Plent more where she came from. :mamoru:

I stopped fearing the "friendzone" when I changed my perspective on it.

21. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You could get her....if you handle this correctly.

Go on the date. It's a date if you make it a date feel. Go, have fun, be flirty, touch her, etc. etc. DO NOT contact her all the time. If she starts say texting you all the time do NOT answer back quickly. Take your time to respond. If you start texting all the time it is not necessarily a good thing, could definitely lead to friendtown.

Take it one step at a time. The "right" guy could make her forget all about her hangups in starting a relationship.

22. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

I sense a little desperation... idk maybe she's picking up on it too.

Don't beat yourself up if things are weird. Have an out if things start to get uncomfortable.

23. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

dude you are waaaaaay over analyzing this.

ask her for her number. suggest an activity to do. it could be grabbing lunch in between classes, whatever. just don't act like a timid person or she'll go from interested to uninterested very quickly.

CONFIDENCE, look her in the eyes and ask her if she wants to grab lunch with you. done.

24. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:werd:

25. onedownfiveup

onedownfiveup Active Member

Where do you go to school? I'm in Overland Park, KS

I'm sure she's been through your facebook looking to see if you're an interesting person.

You're over analyzing the situation here. If you send her a message and she takes some time to reply or doesn't reply at all don't even think about it. The more you try and give yourself a reason the more it'll eat you up inside. It's beyond your control so there is no reason to get all worked up about it.

Don't try to force hanging out with her. Realize that people are busy and you should be busy as well. Like stated above, don't ask to hang out sometime, ask her to do something specific. It's easy for to answer in a positive way when you ask her "Hey, we should hang out sometime."

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010