SRS advice about neighbor

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by poorboy, Oct 13, 2006.

1. poorboy

poorboy New Member

I live in an apartment building where our next door neighbor has it out for us. She has made several noise complaints against u and tolf the neighbors that she is going to get us advicted. We have moved our entire living room around so that the speakers to our stero "really a mp3 player hooked up to a set of logitec 2.1 speakers that we keep at a low level with the bass all the way down" are away from the wall the connects the two aprtments. Tonight she has called the cops on us and they have came and said themselves that the noise level was not at an unreasonable level. I went to her apartment and knocked on her door to try to sole this problem by having her come over and try to find a reasonable level for the stereo. In response she said we need to move and slammed the door in my face. She is going arounf telling the neighbors that she is going to get us advictted. we spoke the building manager and she said that she has not had anyother complaints against us, including the man downstairs that says he hears noise but nothing more than expected at a apartment comples. I need advice on what i can do, i can not affor to be kicked out of my aprtment, if there is anything i can do please help.:x::x:

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Just keep on playing music, your neigbhour is a nutcase. IF you wanted to negotiate with her and resolve the problem and she refuses to compromise then it becomes her problem not yours.If your playing music on regular hours she really can't do anything about it. My rule for music is simple ,no music before 10 am and no music after 10 pm.

3. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Sounds like you've acted perfectly reasonable and have made a good faith attempt at trying to resolve this situation. I'd just say go on living your life normally and ignore her. If the manager and the cops have already decided you're ok...then you're fine.

I had a nutty retired neighbor like that once growing up. Every apartment neighbor around me, and above/below me, said I was fine but he bitched he could hear me 4 floors down. Eventually my father told him he was full of shit and if he harrassed our family one more time he'd be looking for trouble.... he backed down and never heard about the incident again.

4. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Then she should resolve the situation with her neighbor like adults.

5. moonie

moonie u want a FRANKYUM?

i'm in a similar situation as you are here.. i live under thin walls and my computer room just so happened to be on top of my neighbor's bedroom. after several noise complaints by the neighbors i realized there's no way for me to play any soft sound at all at night without having them knocking on my door. it was frustrating.. because my music wasnt even on loud, with the bass being completely off.

what makes me mad the most lately is that they have just recently started doing some massive ongoing construction work in their condo so i was waken up by loud drilling sounds through the walls very very early in the morning, and couldn't get bak to sleep ever since. i can't make a noise complaint about it because they are causing irritable noises at normal working hours. i got really mad one time and just started playing DnB at max bass and loudest volume.. i guess my neighbor got my message and slowed down on the drilling every time i started playin my music.

6. moonie

moonie u want a FRANKYUM?

try moving your stereo elsewhere or at least move the bass up so it's not sitting on the ground.. if all else fails, get urself some headphones. :hsughno: