Adventures of Stickboy.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by JeffForSale, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeffForSale

JeffForSale OT Supporter

I apologize in advance if the contents of this post may seem noob to you veterns, but I'm relying on your expertise to help a skinny guy like me out.

So I'm trying to get bigger or whatever and I understand skinny guys have to do the whole calories in > calories out. The thing is, if I take in a whole lot of calories won't I gain weight/lose my trim wastline/abs? Or am I supposed to pig out, lose the abs, and then cut again? I mean, couldn't I just workout and try and build muscle or would I just be a really cut stickboy? :o

2. knucks

knucks Active Member

yeah you will have to lose your abs..or most do

3. Maverik60

Maverik60 New Member

whats the point of having abs when rest of body is stickish lol

4. JeffForSale

JeffForSale OT Supporter

So I'm supposed to continue working out to retain strength and such during this process of gaining a lot of weight right?

5. dread

dread New Member

6. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

It is possible to keep a low bf% when building muscle but it is a lot longer process and takes alot more dedication. In the long run if you just bulk up and put a little bit of fat on and then cut down when you reach your goal it will be faster.

If you still want to retain your abs then you need to determine the amount of calories your body needs in its present state. You do this by writing down all the food you conssume in a given week and averging out how much you ate each day. Then slowly increase you intake by 300-500 calories a day. If you put fat on reduce the amount you are increasing until you are seeing mostly LBM gains.

7. nonplus

nonplus New Member

Haha, love the thread title.

I don't have current pics to show, but I gained about 25 lbs (155 -> 180) and my abs have faded a little in the process (still visible but not as nice as before) while adding 3 inches to my waist.

I am stronger, but, yes, abs will probably be going if I keep gaining weight. Don't worry too much about it, I don't think you'll get a huge gut.

8. WPInerd

WPInerd New Member

:werd:

Yea the abs will have to go for a little while

9. JeffForSale

JeffForSale OT Supporter

So should I be taking in "clean" calories or whatever or is anything that'll help me gain weight fair game? I mean, I'm not even sure what a good weight is to stop gaining at to start cutting and get the desired results. I'm 135 lbs and 5 foot 10. :ugh:

10. ralyks

ralyks New Member

You'll have to take the fat that comes with bulking. I find running/situps do help keep your waist from exploding, but say goodbye to your 'cut' abs.

11. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

situps will make his stomach bigger, not smaller.

12. ralyks

ralyks New Member

If you're using weights and training to make it bigger, yes. If I don't do situps for awhile my gut will hang out, but for about a week after doing a few sets of light situps I find it easier to keep my gut from hanging out, keeps the muscle there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.