Aduim 89.1

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Knightmare69, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Knightmare69

Knightmare69 Hater

I'm not sure if there's a difference with metal adium and regular adium in regards to software but I've got metal adium and I just keep updating with regular adium. In any case, tonight, I start up my comp and start up adium. Everything goes fine until I start to send a message, and this is just in the process of typing that adium crashes. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. colosodian

colosodian Next Gen

did you just update to .89.1? Or did this just start out of the blue?

Im still using .89, and i dont use metal adium, so im not sure i can help too much.

3. Knightmare69

Knightmare69 Hater

I've been updated for over a week and this problem just started occuring, today, I managed to get one message out before it crashed.

4. Knightmare69

Knightmare69 Hater

I can't believe that there is no one has any idea. After reading the must have programs sticky and seeing so many ppl say Adium that no one has a clue. This blows.

5. samm

samm Next in Line

what is metal adium? I use Adium 0.89.1 on a G5 with Mac OS 10.3.9 without any issues.

6. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

Not alot of people use metal adium on here? :hsughno:

idk, i use regular adium and never had this problem..adium has crashed on me here and there.. but a restart of the program works fine? Try reinstalling adium... see if it works fine? if it does, than install metal skin thing and see if it works fine now? if it doesn't, you found your problem, if it does..than your okay?

7. Knightmare69

Knightmare69 Hater

Metal Adium is just a skin plug-in. It's essentially still Adium, in any case, I deleted and reinstalled 4 times at it keeps happening. I finally said screw it and I'm Dl'n Fire right now.

8. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

hmmm wow that is weird, b/c adium seriously never crashes on me like that, but i mostly only use AIM and MSN just to check my mail..idk if one of the other provider you may be using acting up or something? Did you try repairing permissions, idk if that will do anything, but its never a bad thing to try?

If not, i guess it is best to use something else..:hs:

never herd of fire, but did a quick google and it seems pretty cool, i know many people also swear by Proteus for a IM client, so you can check that out seeing which you like better... but i think "fire" has more of the look your going for.. :)

9. Knightmare69

Knightmare69 Hater

actually, fire sucks........I miss my adium.

10. Furq

Furq Daddy Fatsacks

You could try the Adium forums? :dunno:

11. Knightmare69

Knightmare69 Hater

Yea, I emailed Adium and they sent me a link for 89.0 and I dl'd that it seems to work fine again though it crashed once just like 89.1.