adobe acrobat standard 7 question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Dannycam, May 11, 2006.

1. Dannycam

Dannycam New Member

i work for an anal retentive attorney, and they want to upgrade 7 computers to adobe acrobat. i told them that i have downloaded the program from an undisclosed location, and they insist on buying the program.

my question is, do you guys know if i need to buy individual programs per computer? can one program go onto multiple computers?

i called adobe and they told me that i need to find a vendor online to sell licenses...has anyone ever done this?

thanks guys...

2. 7960

7960 New Member

Wait...you told the lawyer you wanted to install warez on his PC and he didn't fire you on the spot?

To answer your question I don't believe Standard has a multi-license option, so if you want v7 Standard you'll have to buy 7 copies. But you can always claim he's a teacher and buy the Academic verion for $84 :rolleyes:

3. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

An attorney being anal about software piracy? Crazy... :eek3:

Anyway, yeah, you at the least need one license/computer. I don't know how Adobe works in terms of whether you need to actually buy 7 retail packages, or if you can just do media and then buy separate licenses or whatever.

4. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

for 7 licenses, you'll probably be just as far ahead to buy 7 retail boxes, IIRC adobe license requires a minimum of 10.

5. Dannycam

Dannycam New Member

thanks for the feedback guys...ill be getting back to you guys shortly...

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

You know, the nice thing about ArcGIS Suite (digital mapping software) is that it uses floating licenses -- any computer can access the company's license server and check-out a license for as long as it needs the software. We have ten workstations and three ArcGIS licenses between them, and with a little planning we're almost never in need of a fourth license.

Of course, Adobe Acrobat costs $150 per license and ArcGIS Suite costs $7000 per license, so...best of luck to ya. The approach I take is to find out what the boss wants done and then do it without the boss knowing how I did it. It keeps their asses covered and it gets things done without a huge hassle.

7. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

The lawyer probably couldn't fire him if he wanted to, on-the-spot or otherwise, because he's probably not in the lawyer's chain of authority.