WEB AdminAddict.net Feedback

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Foxx, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Foxx

Foxx New Member

In December of '07 I decided to make a forum owner community, AdminAddict.com. My parter disappeared and the place rotted for over a year. Then someone contacted me and said they wanted to try to bring it back, deleting the spam bots and actually advertising the place (we had the custom design made, but never actually launched/opened to the public).

So as of May 25 (I think), we've been 'official', so to speak. We have a nice grand opening contest with close to $1,000 in prices (2 vBulletin or IP.Board licenses, domains, hosting, custom made skin) and activity has since sparked nicely.

We're currently in the process of completely redesigning the website. We're having many custom/exclusive scripts/features made and we're working on making the forum look a little bit more than your average vBulletin forum. We have many innovative ideas in mind (but we might be waiting on vBulletin 4).

Aside from the homepage (that's temporary right now - we're working on a brand new homepage (as well as a new articles/directory system and the other features we don't have yet)), what do you think?

adminaddict.com
    adminaddict.com/forum

2. blinger

blinger Guest

i would remove the "grand opening" stuff from your site.. but thats just me.. still run the contents an all that, just make it seem like you've been around longer.. u know? adds credibility to the site

3. Deviance

Deviance Can't you smell that smell? OT Supporter

Do you write the content? Is English the writer's first language?

4. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

don't overdesign it

I'll check it out, but I like the vb forums I'm on :o

edit: signed up, guessing that you're Nick on there?

if so, why do you have vbulletin 8.4 listed? :rofl:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  5. drpepper

drpepper Active Member

forum looks nice, simple and to the point.

6. Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens Making Cancer My Bitch OT Supporter

Have those articles been translated froo another language or something? :dunno:

Also wayyyy too much crap above the forum.. 1920x1080 and I have to scroll a full screen-height down to see the actual forums.