Adding girls you like and know in real life to your messenger buddy list YAY or NAY?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by forgotmyname, Dec 17, 2007.

1. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

So I got this girl's number last friday and she also gave me her msn handle but I only took the phone because I thought having her on my msn list would kill my chances with her by having her online everyday. You know. It can get boring and tiring talking to the same person online.

But stilll, I get the advantage of being in contact with her.

So, should I do it or not?

2. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Can't hurt as long as you don't bombared her with IMs or respond instantly to every IM she sends you.

Although talking > IMs

3. forgotmyname

My issue is that if we talk a lot from msn, then we are not going to be able to talk about anything in person as I've already said everything.

I am going to try to minimize everything I say on msn and also drastically reduce its usage since I pretty much have it open 24/7.

4. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Yeah don't do that. A good rule of them is "ignore" 2/3s of what she sends you if she sends you a lot of IMs. Just to give the impression that you have a life off of your computer. And don't message her often, it is better to talk then IM. I am a heavy user of IMs (MSN), but that is just to friends etc. If I have interest in a girl I don't sit on my PC chatting away the hours via text. I'd much rather make quick plans with it then meet up and talk in person.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Talking on the phone > IMing her. You were right in thinking being online all the time can just turn you into the friend that talks occasionally online. Call her, set a date. Then when you get to know her you can add her MSN name.

6. forgotmyname

Or I can block her while I am home, or not use the msn at all. Anyways, I'd rather spend time with her face to face than through a computer.

7. Pringles

Pringles New Member

I've never found it helpful to have their online handle. Phones are the way to go.

8. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

I agree...phone works better.

9. forgotmyname

THREAD UPDATE:
    Well, I already went out with her and had a somehow good time. I went to the movies with her and that was before I read the thread for best place to take into a first date.

I didn't even attempt to kiss her (reason for this is that I kissed on my first date with the previous girl and I fucked everything up).

So I am messaging her while I am at work, and everything went fine...

..till today...

So we are talking and I ask her what is she doing today.

She says she is going shopping and then asks why.

I said that I wanted to go out with her, so she said she couldn't (with a sad face in the end). So I say maybe the day after but she said she couldn't either. She then said that maybe next week and I shouldn't worry and we could wait to go out again.

Now prior to this, I sent her a text last night to which she replied in a flirting way.

10. bmorrell

bmorrell SoCal > *

I would say "at least she gave you an alternative date," but after what she said...

:hsugh:

11. forgotmyname

?

12. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

I don't think this is a good idea, less privacy, they can see when you are online and vise-versa, it makes you lazy when phone contact is much preferred. I say this is actually a severe NO NO, when it comes to someone you may want to become intimate/involved with.

13. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

This is why I don't talk to anyone I'm newly dating via internet or text.

14. forgotmyname

Are you talking about getting a mixed message from this, or rather the fact that it sounds weird and stupid IMing with somebody you like.

15. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

Where you went wrong man.

16. forgotmyname

Dude, I really have no idea what I am doing wrong. With the first girl, I kissed her on the first date and she never answered my calls back. So I learned from my mistake and didn't even attempt to kiss this girl. It's not going bad at all with her, I just get the idea she is resisting a second date.

17. NCS

NCS Active Member

don't talk over msn but it can be fun sometimes, especially if you both have it at work.

however the big problem i have with msn is being mysterious. if she sees when u sign on/off etc, its like she has a hint of whats going on in your life.

the solution to said problem is to ALWAYS be on msn. i.e. you leave it on with your computer 24/7.

18. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

Maybe she thinks you're taking it too fast. Looking for a second date already? Just slow down, let her come to you. If she had fun on the first date, dont see why she wouldn't want a second one. Ask her out next week if that's what she wants :dunno:.

Edit: As for the msn thing, the first time my fiancee and I started going out we spoke with each other one AIM. We were friends first and since we were both online a lot we chatted it up on aim quite a bit. We ended up going out afterwards, engaged now =]. All depends on the person.