WEB Adding extra fields to a thread in vBulletin

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Insert Tokens, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens Making Cancer My Bitch OT Supporter

Tried googling it, mostly talks about user profile fields and some mod you can purchase that mostly has people complaining anyway..

Is there a way to add extra fields when a user makes a new thread?

Eg it's for an automotive niche forum.. Instead of the user entering a title, I want them to choose from pulldowns for vehicle year, vehicle make, vehicle model, and then in the showthreads instead of showing a link for the thread title, I want it to show "Sen's 2009 Ford Focus" or whatever..

If pulldowns are too much of a hassle, even fields for them to fill out would be ok.

I've seen it in a few places, including here: http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?showforum=9

But that's IPB and custom made.

2. Audioholic

Audioholic New Member

Have you posted at vb.org? I imagine there is probably a way to make this happen using thread prefixes but have no clue how you would set it up to let you select multiple prefixes on one thread.

Sounds like a cheap job though if you don't figure it out yourself. Put out a request at vb.org and just hustle them down I get most of the small things like what you are mentioning done for $35 or less most of the time.

3. Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens Making Cancer My Bitch OT Supporter

Ah nice.. tbh I just have the styles/mods section bookmarked and have never looked at anything else on that site, didn't realise you request paid work there :rofl: