Adding a subwoofer to my MR2, need opinions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by lobstradomus, Sep 20, 2008.

1. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

So I have finally gotten fed up with the lopsided sound in my 93 MR2, there simply isn't any effective bass coming from the lone 5.25" front speakers when I want to turn the volume up a bit. I'm stuck at relatively low volume with decent bass or higher volume with either badly distorted bass or adjusting the equalizer so that its not distorted just greatly over powered by the treble. What I would like to do is add a single 10" subwoofer (I figure it should be more than enough for a car as small as mine and what I need it for.)

I found an enclosure that will fit in my car with a mounting depth of about 5.5" and is approx. .71 cu ft. The maker of the enclosure recommends a Dayton Reference Series High Output sub with 600 watts RMS, 4 ohms impedance, etc.

I'm looking for opinions on the Dayton sub, or recommendations on something else that will fit the enclosure and help fill out the sound in my car. Also any recommendations on a decent amp for this setup would help me a lot.

2. MaximaDrvr

MaximaDrvr Member

Pioneer Premier Shallow 10'' with 300W is would be more than enough and would sound pretty good as well.