SRS addiction

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by project2501, May 9, 2005.

1. project2501

project2501 New Member

So i met this girl last year, we hit it off really well and fell in love hard and fast. We were great together. She had some baggage from a previous relationship, but nothing i thought we couldnt work thru. So she gets in trouble with the law and splits town to go stay with someone so she can work and make some money to pay for all the legal costs for fucking up so much rather than sit out huge fines in jail or so she says (DWI, and some theft charge im not clear on)

It really fucking sucks having to let her go because she cant/wont get over her habbit of taking benzos (xanax/klonopin, etc) and doing stupid shit and getting in trouble with the law.

I'll update later but i have a final to go take in 6 hours and should goto sleep or study or something.

Last edited: May 9, 2005
  2. Jrkohler5000

Jrkohler5000 Guest

things have a strange way of working out sometimes , you cant really give up on anything. situations like this take time, and that sounds like that that is what you need

3. project2501

project2501 New Member

The police came to my house looking for her at 4am and woke me up on the night before a final...this is some bullshit, i'll make them get a search warrant next time.

4. Jrkohler5000

Jrkohler5000 Guest

you actually let them in the house? i wouldnt have done that , it sounds to me like she just needs to come clean and face the music for the crimes that have been done. its better to get things over with and out of the way than to drag them out and make them worse... i went through the same situation. i ran , when i shouldnt have , and i got caught. its always easier to face it right away and get it done , then you can let your life get back to normal. i was on a lotta stuff like her when i was on the run too. i came back , turned myself in , went to jail , got myself clean. got a new job , and now im a better person for it . but in the midst of all of that i lost someone that was very special too me , and i still after 3 years havent been able to get her back , so i guess there are some sacrifices that have to be made in situations like that.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

This girl could use some stable enviroment, and you willingly could provide it to her. Make sure that in your relationship you garenteed try to make her stay out of trouble. That counts for her medicine and law problems.

6. project2501

project2501 New Member

she's on the run and wont come back so there's no point anyways.

7. gnat

gnat New Member

Let her go for now and let her figure it out on her own. If you're not around when she figures it out it's her own loss. There is alot of heartache dealing with someone and addiction. I'd have different advice if she were still with you and doing the right thing legally yet still doing drugs. But since she's already away from you, you have an easier chance to let go of these emotions. IMO

8. johan

johan Active Member

This relationship is over. If it hasn't yet actually terminated (lingering contact) then it ought to be.

9. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

I would tell her she has a drug problem, and to go to a Narcotics Anonymous. You can't make her get clean, she's got to make the decision to get clean herself. Tell her to clean up her act, then you'll think about a relationship, otherwise let her go and forget about it, she's too much trouble.

10. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

i am on benzos. they can lead to reckless behavior if taken in high doses.

if you two are still together, make sure she only takes her percribed ammount per day. any more can easily lead to legal troubles.

11. project2501

project2501 New Member

I know where she is, she went to stay with her ex boyfriend(claims she has nowhere to go), fuck that, im gonna tell the police where she is, besides the police are threatening me with a harboring a criminal charge(felony in texas) and would perfer not to face a felony charge.

It's time to take my nuts back.

12. Jrkohler5000

Jrkohler5000 Guest

very proud of ya man.... nothin wrong with standing up for yourself and taking back your own life without any ties.

13. johan

johan Active Member

Good. Don't waver.

14. project2501

project2501 New Member

Thanks for the support, It's very hard to get used to the crushing lonlieness if i am not busy or hanging out with friends for too long. I know what I have to do, which is stay busy and keep my mind off her.