SRS Addiction to DXM?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by FalkorYo, Jan 8, 2004.

1. FalkorYo

FalkorYo Guest

Im aware there is no addiction to DXM but can your mind get stuck in a rutien of recreational use of dextromethorphin? Iv been using it for awhile and quit for a week or two then do it again for maybe 3 nights in a row then quit again. Im not sure if I have a prob with it. But when Im bored and have no work for the next day I usauly go buy a bottle of robo and dex. I think maybe it's just a prob with finding things to keep my self and my mind doing something.

Meh, jsut wondering if anyone has had an addiction to it or not. I havent used it in about a month but I still have a drive in me to go out and get some.

2. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

I felt so shitty when I come down from it, I deemed it not worth doing. I've done it twice, And the experence was very good, but just like acohol, I don't think the after affects are worth the usage of these two drugs. Now weed on the other had does'nt make me sick or whatever when i come down. So i deem it worthy.

3. FalkorYo

FalkorYo Guest

LOL I should have added I usauly take DXM when I have ran out of herb. LOL but I didnt want people to acuse me of trading one addiction for another (Iv ben draged to enough NA, AA, alanon and, Alateen meeting in my life to know the rope's lol) But I realy do enjoy the feeling dxm give's. Kinda like opening gates in the mind for exploring it. But now that I have a job that I know for sure I will never have to hassle with a drug test and get paid pretty well I have enough dank for the evening smoke out that I so despretly diserve. And I kinda like the come down feeling, unless you are trying to sleep which is almost inpossable. Due to the eye contrations (makes closing the eyes disconfert and even painfull) and the stimulant effect of the dxm.

4. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

if you've been to enough NA meetings to know the ropes then you wouldn't be where you are now.

5. FalkorYo

FalkorYo Guest

I ment that I know the way of twisting everything so that it is viewed as a prob in the eyes of others. IE: My dxm use -> more freakwent marijuana use=trading adiction for adiction. But it is possable to have a addiction and not allow it to affect your life in a way to make it worse. I guess I was just seeing if anyone has had an addiction to DXM and thier story. I dont have a prob with DXM but I could see my self developing one in teh future if I do not watch out. IMO There is a fine line between repeated drug use and drug addiction.

6. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

I don't think its possible at all to have an addiction and not allow it to affect your life...

obviously its affecting your life because you're choosing to use one when you're out of another, there is something skewed with your logic there

7. dylix

dylix Guest

it was the first drug i ever did. on average me and my friend took 16 each. max i ever did was 32. 2 boxes. good lord i was fuuuuuuuuucked up. that was like 4 years ago tho, lol. cant even stand the sight of it now.

8. lazybstrd05

lazybstrd05 Guest

I have no problem with addiction to DXM. However at times, I can find myself wanting to experience it again, wanting that strange feeling it provides. But I am in no way addicted, as I can get rid of that very easily. The most I have ever taken is 675mg. At my weight of 120, you could imagine how this felt. I have done it maybe 6 or so times and I have a very good reaction to it. Even comming down is nothing, I have HUGE pupils, but I feel quite refreshed and energized (that is after a 12 hour sleep). The trips were quite intense and very strange. I found my perception of colors to be riddiculously off as well as my hearing. Creepy images burned themselves in my head. But I also talked, I mean a LOT, usualy about emotional things. I figured this to be a positive experience, because opening up is what i really needed at the time. I just happened to be talking to the right person when I was doing it. But trying to walk is FUN. :)

9. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

:werd:

man you'd be the kind of person i'd tag along with at the meetings...

10. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

:werd:
    where you live again? hehe

11. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

bay area of california... a little ways away from texas!

12. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

if you've taken any drugs in the past 24 hours, please refrain from posting in the forum. PM someone instead.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2004
  13. lazybstrd05

lazybstrd05 Guest

I may have to correct my previous post. I am now under the impression that I may be developing a certain dependancy on DXM. I have used it for the past 3 nights. I must say, in spite of my bad experience last night, I find myself wanting to do it again tonight. That is what I get for purchasing the pure dextromethorphan powder I suppose. Any suggestions?

14. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

just don't use...
    find something else to occupy you. read through all the threads in this forum...

PM someone