SRS addicted to weed.. are you joking?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TopsyKretts, Jan 8, 2008.

1. TopsyKretts

TopsyKretts New Member

I know you'll say its not possible, and physically, no, it isn't. But it is mentally. I smoke weed several times a day and I want to cut it down to once a week, maybe once a month soon. What are some techniques that I can use to keep from constantly seeking to expand my mind.

I wish to become cohesive once more.

Maybe this is in the wrong forum, but I don't really want to quit so to speak.. just cut it down to a very small percentage of the time.

Now, first off... I smoke with a bowl, part of a bong, for those of you who smoke out of coconuts in the jungle with your satellite modems.

Should I switch to a vaporizer and just do that instead... so "it" doesn't harm my body.. and only benefits the expansion of consciousness?

2. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

is "expanding your conciousness" the excuse you use to smoke it? I'm confused...that doesnt even make sense.

Have you tried to stop at at all?

3. Capital B

Capital B New Member

I had a major problem with weed until I quit 4 years ago. After going through a traumatic event, I became psychotic and was high from the time I woke up in the morning until the time I went to bed. I thought that the weed was actually helping me to be a poetic genius, but I was just experiencing delusional grandiosity.

When I finally stopped smoking, it was rough for a while. I know a lot of people say that weed is safe, but it fucked me up big time. The only thing it expanded for me was my psychosis. Who knows if I would have become delusional if I had never started getting high. :wtc:

4. Boy Bravado

Boy Bravado fuck this

Know Thyself.

Go with what you feel is right for you, not just in the immediate present, but also in the future too. Do you have any ideals you want to attain at all? Then start working on it, instead of wasting your time dreaming about it. You learn a damn alot about yourself this way too.

Dreams are no good when you don't let them experience life outside of your head. Expanding consciousness is good, but doing too much of it will cause you to lose sight of yourself, Therefore do it in moderation. Don't you remember how special the high can be after not smoking for so long? Why don't you cultivate that by spending more time being sober, and over time you shall see you aren't addicted to weed after all, but to the experience that it provides. Here lies the rub, does the weed give you new ideas, or is it a flashlight that shines upon the unconscious process of our mind? What you call hallucination is what other people call a religious experience.

We don't know what this truly is and the huge reason why many many drugs are banned because they point to the way to the unknown region of reality.

However you are the only frame of reference in your life, and it's extremely important that you follow what you feel, delusional or not. Problems often arise when you don't let yourself be yourself.

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

You ever tried it?

6. jeffreyliu838

jeffreyliu838 New Member

Just keep yourself busy. It's like masturbating. You only do it when you're thinking about it, and you're only thinking about it when you have nothing to do.

7. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

I quit cigarettes about 3 weeks ago and I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. I'm grouchy as fuck and so effin bored. I haven't smoked weed in a while neither. Can't really remember when, I might as well call it quits on that too. Main thing is to find things to preoccupy your mid. Find your patterns that you normally smoke in, say situations. Then avoid them. I'm a social smoker and a heavy smoker when I'm driving my car. So I cut down my bar time/nights for now until I'm over them, and I try to drive less and less so I don't feel the need to pick em up. I had a 3 hour road trip last weekend and it about killed me.

8. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

i used smoking pot as away to quit smoking cigs once. i just took a rip whenever i wanted a smoke, god i was a waste back then....

anyway best way to do it, is stop buying it, maybe avoid being around it, try working out, do some stuff sober and eventually you will notice you are more clear headed sober and your life is more interesting.

9. i killed tupac

yes sir

10. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

thats like asking a doctor if hes ever had a patient

11. damM3

damM3 Active Member

Number one.. don't set unrealistic goals for your self. Number two.. get a job, get a gym membership, set some kind of goal. Number three.. stop buying pot! after awhile you loose contacts and make it near impossible to buy anything. Good luck

12. nafreek

nafreek New Member

I would think Flush what you have left.
    throw away your paraphernalia.
    get some real friends and go to an NA meeting.
    just dont pick it up you cant use it.

13. IwishIhadaVR

IwishIhadaVR New Member

I quit on new years. I found it quit easy. I don't really even have any urge to smoke, and I've been smoking everyday for about 5 years. Smoked at midnight jan 1st, haven't touched it since.

It should be easy if you can fight the urge. As others said, keep busy.

14. i killed tupac

try this. if it doesnt work, youre addicted. go to a meeting.

15. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Yeah, and it's a good thing to know. I have no idea what IKT's background is. I mean, I agree with his assessment, but it only applies in certain situations. Get stoned and then listen to "Nerve Centre" from the album "The City" by Vangelis. I heard that when I was high, and I gotta tell you, I never heard a more forceful and severe piece of music in my life. (Except maybe the 1812 Overture.)

That's why the stuff is illegal, you know. It's effects are too unpredictable.

16. urbanlegend

urbanlegend One Love

I can't sit here and say that marijuana is so harmful to you, but like many things in this world, it should have it's time and place. Too much of one thing can always lead down a negative path.

Watching your diet and exercising on a regular basis will really help you feel "clean" and it will also discipline your mind to stay away from things you know can be harmful to your health.

It's difficult though, I know. Get a little stressed out, or are bored and want things to be a bit more interesting.. burn one. I know what that ones like, but if you limit it to once or twice a week, keep your body as healthy as possible, it's much easier to avoid smoking as often.

17. Four Twenty

Four Twenty New Member

Definitely get a vape... great investment.... such a clean feeling when you use it.

If you think that being high is affecting your lifestyle negatively then find some constructive things to do that work into your life goals and try working on them when you are high.

18. psilocyborg

psilocyborg Guest

A cannabis addcition is half-assed. You all should be euthanised.

19. Mcgovlau

Mcgovlau Лоз Боз

It is addicting. My boyfriend has to be high 24/7. If he's sober he never knows when he's hungry so he won't eat. I have to force him to eat or remind him to. He even smokes with his mother (which is super creepy in my opinion).

I think you should find something constructive to replace it. I've stopped for long periods of time because I always have something better to occupy myself with. Try learning a language or something. That's what I've been doing. I am so consumed in studying and practicing that there's simply not enough time for weed.

20. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

That is the biggest stoner solution ever.

21. drewin

drewin New Member

In my experience, all getting a vaporizer will do is encourage you to smoke more weed. It consumes less, and gets you higher along with no adverse health effects of inhaling smoke....you are bound to smoke more...

22. kelali

kelali OT Supporter

Try and limit it to certain times. I've been a daily smoker for the past three years and only smoke at night, after work and the gym. I then relax with a bong rip.

The KEY to being a happy stoner is also being a productive stoner. I know I'm a lazy ass when I'm high so I refuse to get high until I'm at the 'I can relax now' point.

I will be buying a volcano vaporizer soon too, as most of my gripes come from the health aspect.

23. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

I do exactly what you do. Night time ONLY for me now. I managed to get by highschool, now its my 2 part time jobs that make me fix a schedule for my herbal relaxtion.

Plus, if you can control when, where, and how much you do, you certainly know that you can completely quit all together.

24. oompa10

oompa10 New Member

I know exactly what you are talking about. I went on the same journey in my life, it started about 3 years ago and i stopped smoking around 8 months ago. For the same exact reasons as you. Its tough to explain but smoking opened my mind up in a way that it wouldnt have happened before. After you stop it wont be easy, its like waking up from a dream. Everythings a little hazy.. So listen to that good voice on your shoulder for advice because the bad voice will be saying some crazy stuff bro. Go out and hang out, dont be scared about stuff like that.. you'll be the cool dude in the crowd. Even if you got that blank look on your face sometimes.. it all goes away after time :rofl:

25. component

component New Member

I smoked for about a year and a half. I started at once a month, and ended up smoking every day. I enjoyed the creative juices that the high got flowing, and kept it up.
    What made me stop was a couple of things. I started coughing and having a sore throat in the mornings. I can't smoke even one cigarette without having a sore throat the next day, pot didn't have this effect immediately, but over time I felt it happen. I also developed a speech impediment. It was as if my brain was trying to get my mouth to form two words at once, and got to be real annoying and embarassing. I didn't associate this with smoking, but just two weeks after quitting, I haven't been doing it anymore.
    I had a lot of free time that I filled with pot. I started going to school again, so I now have something else to fill my time with, and it's way more productive. I have felt the urge to smoke again, but I'm not buying anymore, and I got rid of the "tools of the trade."
    To those struggling: Find a hobby, go to school, anything to fill time where you may be bored. Keeping yourself busy will help keep pot out of your mind.