SRS Addicted to slacking

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by futurextrunks, Feb 18, 2004.

1. I'm a senior in college. You'd figure by now, I'd learn the ropes of how to do good in classes. However, I'm a slacker and I can't help it. I'm sure I will get plenty of great advice on what to do.. but I'm just too goddamn lazy and will probably not do anything. Other slackers wait until the last night to do a project or paper due at let's say 10AM. I set my alarm the next day for 6AM, hit the snooze button until it's 8:30 AM or so (knowing I had a project due at 10), BS something real quick, and leave the house at 9:30 and get to class about 30 minutes late (I live 45 min. away from school and finding parking sucks). I do this for homework as well and this happens whenever I have work to turn in. This past week, I skipped a test, wrote the professor an email saying I got in a car accident, and now I get to take the test tomorrow, yet I probably won't study for it again, or very little anyway. I steal other people's homework of the desk where you turn it in so I can copy it and turn it in next class meeting. I sometimes wonder what the hell is wrong with me. I want to do good. I want to get into pharmacy school, but I've had to take a lot of classes over and now I've delayed the process for another year. I'm not a drug addict. I use to smoke weed a lot, did shrooms twice, and took E on four separate occasions. Now, I've quit everything and I don't even drink that much anymore. I wonder if the drugs have made me a lazy mother fucker or if it's just me. It's not that I'm dumb, I'm just.. lazy. I'm a sad sad guy.

2. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

I thought I was lazy....man, you got me beat.

let me ask this, though. Are you pretty intelligent? I do a lot of the stuff you do, just not as extreme, and I do it because I know I am smart enough to BS a B or A worthy paper in an hour, or finish a project or sucessofully lie to a teacher. But I don't let it get that far....

3. gubment cheese

gubment cheese New Member

i'd respond, but i'm too lazy

4. I'm a Slacker

I'm a Slacker ASStastic

sounds like me

5. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Laziness is a byproduct of a lot of psychological disorders. It is interesting you labeled it as an addiction... as if you get something out of it.

Breaking the cycle would be difficult without some sort of shock. Maybe failing school?

6. HybriDSM

HybriDSM Active Member

thats whatgot my ass up ang going..... for a while anyways. I put in my 40 hours at the hotel, which basically means i stop posting on OT for a few minutes, drive over to the hotel, then continue browsing OT for 8 hours...

I worked my ass of this summer pulling 60+ hrs/week waiting tables, and this is a resort town so shit is dead in the winter... Hopefully summer will kick in soon and i can get back to actually doing some shit....

7. t.c.

t.c. Guest

so what's the deal... are we going to be lazy fucks for the rest of our lives or what?

8. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

If you have no desire to change your behavior, creating more chaos will induce willingness. If you have no success with changing your behavior, welcome to the human race. I suggest you take a personal inventory and try to get right with yourself. You can always apply the 12 steps to any addictive cycle. The only step that specifies what the program is about is the 1st one. So, for NA - the 1st is about drugs, the rest is about fixing ourselves and staying fixed.