SRS addicated to my ex

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by squeezemeNOW, Apr 14, 2005.

1. squeezemeNOW

squeezemeNOW New Member

I dated this guy for 8 months till I began realizing he doesn't exactly treat me right and by this I mean he would just be real confusing with his emotions and would play hang up games or ignore me and sometimes b real controlling towards me even though he said i love u and all the works but I just needed a break - we got back together 2 months after that and it seriously was as if he became a monster. For the first month we got back together he acted as if he really changed and was so sweet to me and seemed as if he really wanted things to work out between us but then he became crazy and controlling. He started telling me what I can and can't do and if i didn't do what he said because i mean who would - he'd react in such a way that really began scaring the shit out of me. Like kinda threatening both physically and also that he would leave me. He even once went so far to rat me out to my parents when I did something he didn't want me doing. I recently left him and I know that leaving him was the right thing to do and he said some horrible things to me and i found out from one of our mutual friends that he does speed sometimes and shady business but for some reason I still think about him every day and really miss him. It seems as if none of my friends understand and I feel real shitty what do I do to completely get over this guy. I keep trying to tell myself what doesn't kill me will make me stronger but i'm hurting so bad that even that doesn't help...:wtc:

2. GRocks10

GRocks10 New Member

You can start by taking the image out of your mind that you're "addicted to your ex".. if you continue to have that type of mindset, you'll NEVER get over him. You know whats interesting? The guy has to act like a complete asshole and you still don't get the hint that he treats you like shit.. therefore you seem to want him more. One day hes playing mr nice and the next He is playing mind games with you by turning into this "monster". You need a real wakeup call and realize THIS ISN'T THE GUY YOU REALLY WANT.. you can start by cutting off all ties with him, remove ALL things he has ever given you and throw them away.. yeah, and that also means taking him out of your buddy list if hes still on it. Hang out with friends more often and go out and have a girls night out.. should help get you occupied in other things instead of this moron.

Goodluck!

3. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

I'm sorry to hear that, it sounds like a very abusive relationship that you need to stay out of. Going to an SLAA meeting wouldn't be a bad idea, I'm sure people there are familiar with these types of abusive relationships. However, the Asylum might provide you with the kind of support you need, so I'm moving your thread there.

3) Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous (40 questions for self-diagnosis)
    http://www.slaafws.org/pamphlets/40questions.html

7) SLAA - http://www.slaafws.org/meetinfo.html

4. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

This is a good first step. You're going to have to make a huge effort not to call up him anymore. It's ok if you still think of him, but think of it as finding out more about yourself instead of just thinking about him. You'll be able to let him go some day

5. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

everything happens for a reason... and every experience can teach us a lesson. you need to reflect on what the relationship has taught you. ;) you've posted some of that in your initial response. your ex is abusive (regardless if it's mental or physical or both) and that sort of relationship isn't healthy.

you need to use this time and devote it to yourself. take some time and write some things down... notes or journal... to make yourself realize that you are better than that and you definitely deserve to be treated with more respect.

focus on yourself! :)