SRS Adderall

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 5secstrtcar, Mar 2, 2004.

1. 5secstrtcar

5secstrtcar Spot you 10, give you the move and still hand you

How addictive is this shit? I tried two of those and It felt awesome. Are they bad for you?

2. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

no drug is really addictive any more than the user taking it.

likewise - all substances are just that - substances. rather than how much, focus on the effects to you. If you just experiment with drugs and leave it at that, it doesn't mean you're addicted.

btw most drugs feel awesome, thats why people take them.

3. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

but as a side note - if you struggle with addictive tendencies anyways - why even mess around?

This forum isn't really about discussing how much you've taken, how you felt, anything like that. It's for support of those trying to stay clean.

4. AMan

AMan ???????????

Adderal is no more addictive then pot. It’s not a physical addiction where when you stop taking it you physically feel ill. People get addicted to it because they like the feeling while the drug is in effect and think that they can't get along without it. It’s a mental addiction, nothing more.

5. Adderal is a Schedule II controlled substance according to the DEA. This means it is a characterized as a "dangerous drug". Schedule I drugs include things such as Heroin, Cocaine, LSD, etc. Schedule II drugs are things like Adderal, Opium, Ritalin, Phenobarbitals, Secobarbitals, and other drugs that have a medicinal use but are still considered HIGHLY addictive.

I don't know where you've heard that Adderall is no more addictive than pot and that there are no physical addictions. That's simply not true. Adderal is a methamphetamine (aka meth). Meth's are very addictive and have a lot of physical withdrawal symptoms, much like withdrawal from heroin. While there is definitly a mental aspect to its strong addiction, there are many physical symptoms of withdrawal found in people trying to recover from a methamphetamine addiction.

6. AMan

AMan ???????????

I'm talking from personal experience. I took it and was able to quit cold turkey without any withdrawal symptoms.

Adderal is a Dexamphetamine not a Methamphetamine. There is a difference.

If it’s taken at doses prescribed by a doctor, you're most likely not going to get physically addicted to it.

It might start as a mental obsession where you like the feeling of being on it so you figure the more you take the better you'll feel. The longer you use it the weaker the effect is so you start taking more and more to satisfy your need for the high. If a person starts taking mega-doses of Adderal I have not doubt that they can become physically dependent.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2004
  7. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

8. AMan

AMan ???????????

I totally agree with you. It totally depends on a person.

9. AMan

AMan ???????????

If you're worried about getting addicted to something you're better off not doing it.

10. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

And I totally agree with that

Win

11. First off, thanks for the correction, Adderall is a Dexamphetamine, not a meth. There is a difference, but regardless, its still an amphetamine. In general, amphetamines work by prompting your body to initiate its fight or flight response. This causes adrenaline and other hormones to be pumped into your blood stream which results in increased heart rate, higher blood pressure, lessing of appetite, and increased brain functions. The only difference between a dexamphetamine and a methamphetamine is the chemical mechanism that is used to affect the body. The end result however is the same.

I definitly agree that if you are worried about becoming addicted or if you have an addictive personality, you should stay away from it. I mean, I know this is kind of parent-ish to say, but you shouldn't start taking prescription med's unless a doctor has prescribed them. Most people don't know exactly how the meds work and some can counteract with meds you are currently taking for a reason or have some serious reactions with meds you may be taking. I'm not trying to be all anti-drug or anything. I'm a bit of a hypocrite by saying most of this stuff.

12. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

an addiction is an addiction, be it mental or physical or otherwise.

you can't really separate the two and expect people to go "Oh good point, so i can just make up my mind to not take it anymore!"

it doesn't work, I've tried it, others have tried it, and we know damn sure that once an addict, always an addict, and there is no line between mental and physical addictions when it comes down to it.

13. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

:stupid:

The truth is, addiction is not a problem with the drugs. Addiction is a problem with ourselves

14. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

I have a prescription for it and take 60mg a day

I'm still goin :squint:

15. AMan

AMan ???????????

:werd:

16. That's a pretty short-sighted opinion about drug abuse. True, the level of addiction and how fast someone gets addicted to a medication is a problem with that person. However, the chemical means by which someone becomes dependent is all about the drug and how it affects receptors in our brains. I'm not completely disagreeing with you here though so don't get all annoyed and start yelling or anything. Drug/Alcohol addiction is a disease and a person can have be more likely to become addicted to a substance than another person. But I can almost guarantee you that if you start doing crack or heroin and do it often enough, you are going to get addicted or at the very least, you will have awful withdrawal symptoms if you try to stop abruptly.

17. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Adderall is Dextro-Amphetamine with a little Levo-Amphetamine thrown in. Its not crystal MethAmphetamine we're talking about here... but Amphetamines ARE ALL ADDICTIVE.

YES, it is addictive. Are you going to get hooked after two pills? No. But you could be on the way to developing an addiction, if you LOVED it and want to do it again.

Different chemicals have different properties in regards to habituation and withdrawal. Amphetamine withdrawal can be pretty bad. I've seen it. It ain't pretty. Amphetamines stimulate both norepinephrine (as has been pointed out), and dopamine. Dopamine is associated with reward feelings... Amphetamine is very "rewarding."

If it ain't prescribed to you, don't take it. And if you DO, then for god's sakes do it usefully... study or something.

Are they bad for you? Well, yes and no. If you don't get addicted (BIG IF), and don't do anything nutty while you're speeding and get hurt... then you're basically talking about two side effects. The first would be cardiac stress. You're young, and if you don't overdose (NOT FUN), you're going to be okay unless you have some kind of heart defect that you don't know about.

Two, and this is important... speed ages you. I grew up among stimulants addicts, and lemme tell you: the results ain't pretty. I've seen teenage girls age 10 years in 2. They go from innocent and pretty to worn out and tired looking ALL the time. Stimulants make you ugly when abused for long periods of time. If you've ever seen a crack whore, you know what I'm talking about.

Three... you probably increase your risk for neurological disorders later in life, and you may slightly "dumb yourself" a bit if you overdo it. This is not scientific here, this is my opinion based on pieces of science. When you overstimulate neurons, they die. The cell becomes electrically imbalanced, and it "pops." This happens to some neurons every time you take a high dose of amphetamine. It *IS* hurting your body, is what I'm telling you. How much? Hard to say exactly. The mind is pretty robust.

So, if you're a girl, and you value your looks, don't do speed.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2004
  18. rph74

rph74 New Member

Adderall IS a schedule II drug, but I believe that it is classified that way due to its potential for abuse, rather than potential for addiction. By potential for abuse, I mean that people may use it to get a high, to stay up all night studying, or in combination with other drugs.

I don't believe that it is highly addictive though. I have been a Pharmacist for almost 7 years now, and I cannot think of any case where a patient has been addicted to it. In contrast, drugs such as Oxycontin, and Hydrocodone are very addictive. I have seen many,many,many people addicted to these drugs. These are pain medications that people usually start out using legitimately for pain, and then become "hooked" on them after taking them for some time. Adderall is certainly abused, but I doubt that a physical addiction is likely.

I have personally seen and heard of many cases of fake prescriptions for these pain medications, and none for any drugs such as Ritalin or Adderall.

19. 5secstrtcar

Thanks for the heads up..............no pun intended.

20. blazing187

blazing187 Guest

im prescribed and every single one of the doctors that recomeneded to me say it can be addicitive for previous sppeeed or meth addiction users.it not that bad i hat them,they feel like shit to me

21. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

:lockd: if this thread doesn't pertain to recovery from addiction, rather than the drug itself...
    :squint:

c'mon guys, you know better. anyone with drug problems LOVES being an expert on drugs, etc etc. people's opinions of drug addiction who claim that its a problem with the drug, are entitled to that opinion. I don't believe it though. (see above post by me)

22. Mippity

Mippity New Member

you are taking 60 mg of adderral a day?
    That is GANGSTA!!

I take 20, max 30 over the whole day.
    Half before my 8:30, another half (10 mg) before my 11:30 than one in the middle of they day if I have something I need to do.

I'm thinking I would prolly die at least three times if I took 60..but I'm only 5'4 and 140 lbs.
    I hate the anxiety that accompanies the good studyin' :/

23. 5secstrtcar