SRS ADD

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by the Whoner, Jul 25, 2007.

1. the Whoner

the Whoner Let me rub your gennies

I am seriously thinking about getting checked for ADD in the coming week. I can not concentrate at work ever, and let things get behind. Then when I realize how behind I am, I get overwhelmed at the amount of work I have to do and put it off with every excuse in the book. I find that it is getting worse over the years, and recently promoted at work, so I feel that its worth looking into. I've taken several tests online, and they all suggest I do, but I don't know how reliable they are.

If anyone here is diagnosed with ADD, or ADHD, can you explain to me somethings I can look for in my behavior over the next few days?

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

don't try starting to look for things...you will just end up exaggerating what you already know.

Just answer the questions asked honestly, without thinking too much about them

3. kaygee08

kaygee08 Get me a Jäger Drip, Nurse!!!

Go. I had the same problem. I went & was truely ADHD. Was prescribed Adderall & work is 100% better/.

4. BradUF

BradUF Guest

lol doctors just use a dumb 10 question quiz... You can get it online...

5. the Whoner

I was hoping they would do something a bit more.... well, worthwhile :dunno:

6. the Whoner

yeah. I try to answer them correctly, I can think of specific recent examples most of the time on the symptoms.

7. limsoup

limsoup OT Supporter

connor's scale right?

if you can put your finger on what makes it hard to concentrate at a given time, that may help you in identifying things besides chemical imbalances that make it hard to be productive. i talked to my therapist for a while, i was able to get my finger on a few personality tendencies that I felt I could work to change, or work around. but the medication can help too