SRS add me to the my life sucks crew

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Sotangledup, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Sotangledup

Sotangledup Guest

Im someone who as long as I can remember i've been sad and a quite person.
    I've always have had hope for the future but after a while i always give up.
    i don't feel like writing my whole story bc im lazy but basically i have deep self steem issues and i'm kinda hot too which is ever sadder since im not dealing with issues such as fatness or acne. I literally could have it all but no.
    I have a foreign accent and I FUCKIGN HATE IT bc not only it made me the target of cruel traumatizing jokes as a kid but now i always feel like the fucking foreigner even though i've been here for the last 10 fucking years.

i'm terribly shy and that's thanks to my parents who not only made me shy
    but i had a pretty bitchy mom that took away any confidence i had. my dad was a pussy who just agreed with her on anything.
    anyway im so shy i can't participate in class, im quite when im around a group of people, im lonely in general. i try to make friends but its so hard and when i do make them i feel like i hate seeing them and i dont want to hang out with them.

to add to everything im very VERY LAZY. i really push myself so hard to go out, do things, move on with my life but I get these episodes where i have NO ENERGY AT ALL, i feel like sleeping in all day. i get all these deppressing feelings when it's sunny outside and im just inside watching tv doing nothing.

i have found a great guy and even have a beautiful little girl who never cries and im still unhappy. i have so many dreams, i keep picturing in my head what i wish my life would be like and i can never seem to do anything with my life.

as that u2 song says i'm stuck in a moment and i can't get out of it. except i've been stuck in this moment for 20 yrs now.

even the moment where i could feel extremely happy i always feel there's something missing in my life..there's always something missing.

i also forgot to say that my mom never pushed me to learn any skills or regular things kids know how to do like play soccer, swim or anything..
    im pretty much useless. and i've spent all my life daydreaming to the point that i never pay attention in class anymore.

i'm double majoring and creating my own minor, i hope i have enough energy to pull that shit off.

2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Wow, you sound totally fucking miserable. What are you doing about that?

3. Sotangledup

Sotangledup Guest

i tried going to a psychologist but she wasn't much help. I gave it a try though!

i've been thinking of taking medicine but I feel that's not what I want.

I'd like to solve whatever issues I have within me first. oh well, someday i will *crosses fingers*

4. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Go to another psychologist. You sound fucking miserable. Take medicine while you are in therapy. Frankly, you sound so bad off that therapy alone won't do shit. And statistically you are most likely to improve if you take medication and undergo therapy.

Or you can just sit on your ass, fingers crossed.

5. johan

johan Active Member

I would focus on getting better, rather than on specific therapies which may or may not do it for you. If you're really bad off, you're gonna need a little chemical boost to get things going.

Secondly, since you are seeing a psychologist and feel you aren't improving much, what was your psychologist's response when you told him/her about this lack of progress? Did you even bring it up?

Some people feel cowed when in the doc's office -- he's the big man, I'm just little old me -- only to resent it later after the session's over.
    If you have this issue, try writing down your specific concerns -- BE BRIEF and CONCISE -- and then refer to your note when in-session so you don't forget or lose your nerve. If you want you could always just hand the note over, and go from there.

You are there for YOU. Be up front with the doc -- that's only fair. He's not psychic.

Good luck to you.

6. Throwdown

Throwdown whore destroyer

You sound smart. Do you do anything on a daily basis that you really enjoy? even if its for a short moment?

what kind of accent? I <3 accents...