Adaware-proof spyware :-\

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Accido, Jan 4, 2003.

1. Accido

Accido New Member

I have pop ups every 2 or three minutes nonstop. I ran adware and I can't remove anything else without corrupting Internet Explorer. I scanned all the drive, the registry, and the memory. I do notice, however, that when one of these windows pop up, and I run adaware it identifies a process in the memory as cform. It disappears when I close the window and rescan. I can't remove this program, which resides in the programfiles/commoname/toolbar/cform.exe. I've run out of options and I'm seeking knowledge elsewhere. I thought maybe you guys could help me.

2. Kabuko

Kabuko Guest

Are you sure these aren't popups sent through the net send command? They're sadly getting common nowadays.

3. Accido

Accido New Member

I don't know what they are, but I see the same ones over and over again. Some new ones are acquiring sound. They pop up with or without an IE window already active. I wake up in the morning with a dozens upon dozens of windows and ads flashing in my face. Sometimes I have to reboot.

4. Accido

Accido New Member

5. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

Can you not boot into safemode, or even just a DOS environment, and delete the program?

6. Accido

Accido New Member

Sure i can delete the program, but everytime I do IE doesn't work. I hate netscape, so that's not an option. :\

7. knightm3

knightm3 Guest

I would recommend Mozilla , or Opera. Both of these browsers have built-in pop-up blocking. :bigthumb:

8. Ractoon

Ractoon Shibumi in progress...

You can also d/l a program called CookieCop (available on download.com last time I checked) and you can set it to not only filter cookies but block popups in IE, Netscape or whatever.

9. Kabuko

Kabuko Guest

What version of IE is this?