Acutane Crew

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by RalphL, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

I have pretty bad back/chest acne and was wondering how hard it is to get this stuff. Can I just walk into the dermatologist's office and ask for it? I got prescribed some antibiotics once for acne and they didnt do shit, plus I couldnt take them with milk (I drink a ton of milk when bulking) which was a pain. And how bad are the sides? Someone I know got it and all they had were chapped lips.

2. jonno

jonno New Member

it is a pain to get... i had to go to 3 or 4 before i finally got a script for it. i would find a younger derm... they are usually more liberal with it IMO

3. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Heard it's a PITA, they'll try a bunch of things on you first then make you go home, read some pamphlet and think about it. Even then some MDs won't perscribe it.

4. {hydro}

{hydro} OT Supporter

tell the dr. you already did this.. ?
    save yourself a trip.

5. Poopshoot

Poopshoot New Member

I took it after I had taken antibiotics and they didnt work. If your acne is severe enough they will just skip it if you plead with them. They will never just flat out say take accutane on your first visit. I took it, while I was lifting infact. I had some really really bad dry skin and my lips were constantly greasy from chap stick. My joints were popping allll the time too from the meds.
    Overall tho I have no more acne ever anywhere including blackheads.

6. NUDES

NUDES New Member

ussed it ages ago with mild acne. i rolled into the derm with maybe 3 zits and i said.. i want accutane, NOW. 15 mins later i rolled out with a script and some lab work to do. the key is you gotta say it bothers you emotionally or makes you depressed etc.. and of course finding a good derm.

7. jonno

jonno New Member

i wouldnt say that youre depressed since accutane has been shown to cause depression... the derms not going to want to give you tane if you say youre depressed now.

8. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

My sister got it from her derm no problem. She just had to take a bunch of pregnancy tests. But I'll give it a shot. Do the sides go away after a bit?

9. NUDES

NUDES New Member

all I got was real dry lips and any winter even todAy they chap and crack bad

10. volvoc70

volvoc70 New Member

use the sauna at your gym. no homo or anything but it actually will help your acne alot. i went to the dermatologist and got creams and washes etc and they did help a little but once i started sitting in the sauna for 15 mins after working out everyday im clear like no other. the sauna helps rid your body away from toxins and other bacteria that causes acne

11. delay pedal

delay pedal Guest

i got bad bacne too, i read this stuff weakens your bones though?

12. grampositivecocci

grampositivecocci New Member

I used it, I wouldn't want to be playing any serious contact sprot like rugby as it dries out your skin and makes you prone to grazes (I still played). Apart from that it works fucking wonders, didn't get any depression and have completely clear skin.

13. RollinDollos

RollinDollos Guest

I took it and it knocked acne right out of my system. Didn't notice any adverse effects working out.

Made me depressed as fuck for about a month though and needed chapstick every 30 minutes.

14. He Mad

He Mad OT Supporter

Thats the first shit they gave me...

15. mandrew

mandrew New Member

i got it pretty easy when I was 14. Now I'm nearly 22 and I have about average acne for someone my age... few zits here and there but otherwise pretty clean.

16. Bad Karma

Bad Karma Active Member

the side effects were never that bad, just carry around some carmex everywhere. chapped lips suck

17. mandrew

mandrew New Member

as far as getting it I just wnet to my doc, got a referral to a dermatologist, and they gave it to me after the first visit. If you really need it they shouldn't hesitate to perscribe the stuff. If your acne is more mild they may give you other options instead.

18. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

ive gotten some antibiotics on top of clindamycin. Neither of which worked all that well.

19. jonno

jonno New Member

yep, i went down that path for a couple years before i got accutane. when i went to my 3rd or 4th derm he was about to prescribe me more of the same shit and i was literally like "dude, i'm sick of this. i've been researching accutane a lot and would appreciate it if i could go on it" dude just kinda looked at me and was like AIGHT.

like i said, he was a young doctor who had been on accutane 3 times himself. the other derms were these older dudes that thought accutane was the devil.

20. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

I'll probably go to the one my sister got it from. I'll make an appt. this week. Thanks for all the help guys.

21. JoeMayo

JoeMayo New Member

I've taken it. Was prescribed some kindof of gel stuff but didn't work at first. Took accutane for 6 months and I'm pimple free. I might get one once a month or something now.

22. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

I'm going to see a derm in a few weeks to get it myself. If it takes me that long to get I will either find a new derm or order it online.

23. brettD

brettD New Member

why is it so hard to obtain?

24. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

it can cause some liver damage and other bad side effects...

25. NUDES

NUDES New Member

i wouldn't play around with accutane w/o doctor supervision dude. i know they all do at AF but i just wouldn't do that. it's a very harsh drug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.