GUN Actually Ordered Something This Time

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RyeLou, Feb 28, 2005.

1. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

2. DRM600

DRM600 Guest

i have one in thhe 12ga flavor and i like it alot.

one question: why 20 ga.?

3. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I half purchased it with my girlfriend in mind. Also, I did want the 12ga., but if I were to get one in that size I would have wanted a different shotgun altogether. I would have wanted the 12ga. Coastal Marine, which is another $225 that I didn't want to spend right now. I plan on making other firearm purchases come summer time. Not sure which direction I'll go then (rifle/shotgun/pistol). This is the start of my personal armory and I'm happier than a pig in shit about it:wiggle:

4. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

I would have got the 12 regardless of my gf, make her buy her own :rofl:

and the Coastal Marine is a huge waste of 225 more dollars. :ugh:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  5. DRM600

DRM600 Guest

i view it as an excuse to buy yet another firearm.

6. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Exactly. "I need something bigger now. You can have this one"

7. Goat

The only shotgun I want an excuse to buy is a Browning or Benelli turkey gun :bowdown:

8. Brian Fantana

Brian Fantana New Member

I tend to not like shotguns, I dont know if its the noise factor or just the kick. The only one I would ever buy is the Bennelli M4 super.

9. Goat

I prefer rifles over shotguns, but that's probably due to more diverse amount of calibers and what not. I hardly use shotguns, except for squirrels and rabbits, and some skeet every now and then. I want to take up turkey hunting just to have an excuse to buy a nice turkey gun :hs:

10. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I'll eventually own all sorts of guns. I've asked a bunch of questions to you guys in here about the 3 major kinds. I decided on the smaller gauge shotgun as my first as an easy way to get into firearms. Not many moving complicated parts on a pump shotgun, and very simple to break down and maintain. For the price of what I paid, I don't think you can beat it.

11. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Well...the more and more I read on the internet, the more I'm starting to second-guess my decision. I figured I had informed myself enough, but aparently not. I knew the Defender wasn't the ideal shotgun for sport/target shooting, but everyone seems to hate it! Most people consider it a piece of shit throw away gun...can't say that isn't a little dissapointing. I knew I wasn't buying the Ferreri of shotguns, but still. Oh well...I intend on taking my 18" barrel, 8 shot holding, pump shotgun and learning how to shoot with it. :dunno: