Active Directory

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MustangX, Oct 23, 2003.

1. MustangX

MustangX Car Junkie OT Supporter

After Restoring Active Directory On Windows 2000 Server I Get A Blue Screen

"inaccessible_boot_device...."

But I Know For A Fact That The Hd Works

Does Anyone Know Why This Happens. All I Am Doing Is Restoring Ad Nothing Else.

If Anyone Knows Anything About This, Any Input Will Greatly Appreciated

Thanks
    Gc

2. volare21

volare21 Member

if you know for a fact that your HD is in working order it could be the mobo or another piece of hardware..if not..check the bios and see what your boot sequence is..

did you copy your old boot.ini and ntldr and another file which i can remember? ..if you did you can boot from the disk and replace the boot files so ADS knows what to look for

3. MustangX

MustangX Car Junkie OT Supporter

volare21,

I know for a fact that there is no Hardware issues, the systems runs fine before doing a restore, we are doing testing (thank god) on some of our servers here and the bios is set to boot from the IDE0 (c:)

This is strange you would think would work, we followed all instructions from technet

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...dows2000serv/reskit/distsys/part1/dsgch09.asp

but no luck

also, on those files, are you suggesting that I copy them from the original server to the new server?

Thanks
    GC

4. volare21

volare21 Member

if the box has the same configuration i would consider if if you have no other options...you can find more here:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...echnet/scriptcenter/scrguide/sas_cpm_iouo.asp

ADS is very tricky and lot to maintain....last week i spent 32 hrs in 2 days trying to figure out where i fucked up...needless to say i had to rebuild the box...and the apps still don't work right..

now ADS is on our primary domain controller....

5. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member