Acromioclavicular (AC) Joint Separation?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by 99blkgt, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 99blkgt

99blkgt New Member

Anyone ever have an Acromioclavicular (AC) Joint Separation in their shoulder? I fell on my icy driveway on Sunday, the 14th and I had serious shoulder pain. Today my shoulder is feeling much better with only minor pain when I reach across my chest or raise my hand above my head.

Just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar injury and how long it took it to completely heal in order to get back in the gym doing overhead lifts and presses?

Below is a link describing the injury.

http://www.orthogate.org/patient-education/shoulder/acromioclavicular-joint-separation.html

2. Ace Ventura

Ace Ventura OT Supporter

I have a stage 3 which is the worst kind possible and it took about a good 3 months to heal with full movement and no pain.

3. 99blkgt

99blkgt New Member

Damn. I am thinking its stage 1 because I have full movement with only moderate pain overhead and across the chest after a week and a half. Also only a slight bump can be felt when I run my finger over the area.

4. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

I've separated it before

It's a very common injury but see a doctor. My shoulder hasn't ever really been the same. And that bump is yours for life most likely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.