Acquisition and xtorrent

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by LooneyTuned, Nov 5, 2006.

1. LooneyTuned

LooneyTuned Oil? Bitch you cookin OT Supporter

Ive used limewire on my PC and now decided to use acquisiton for mac. Ive only heard good things but i am having problems with it.

When i open up acquisiton, it says connecting but has a red sign with a white dash in the middle. I can not connect at all. how is this possible i have full reception with my airport.

Do my router settings matter? anything i have to check on my pc (which my router is connected to) the wireless router i use is a linksys wrt54g,
    my Gnutella port is 6346(default in acquisiton). Anything anyone can suggest, or check. I was really looking forward to use this, and now im completely lost.:hs:

This doesnt make sense because my torrents which i use from xtorrent, connects and downloads perfectly.

my only problem with xtorrent is that when i am finished downloading, it stops seeding, it only goes until my download is finished. How do i keep my torrent seeding, even when my download is finished. This is important for me so i can maintain my ratios in oink and ST. Thanks:

2. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

I've been having the same problem, and I think that it MIGHT be something to do with thise release of acquisition, because it only started happening after I downloaded the most current release.

3. LooneyTuned

damn i hope this is the reason what version do you have?
    i have 132.4

4. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

yup, 132.4

I just downloaded 129.1, and I had the same problem. Care to give it a shot? I don't have the link with me, but go to the acquisition website, then click on the blog on the left side, then click on acquisition folder. It'll give you all the old releases, see if any of those work.

5. LooneyTuned

k ill give it a try, are you using a router by anychance? What kind?

6. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

yeah, I've got a linksys wrtg54 wireless router, and I'm on wireless with my iBook.

I've been using this program for atleast two years so its somewhat bugging me that I can't get it working.

7. omgwtfbbqryan

omgwtfbbqryan OT Supporter

works fine using airport for me on my ibook. i have the newest release also.

8. LooneyTuned

hey i got my acquisition working, so from the reading i did it said that mac doesnt support uPnP so goto your router settings and disable uPnP. restart try it again. works for me now because of that.

9. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

thanks a ton, I'll give it a shot when I get home from school.