Accord's training log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Accord, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accord

Accord New Member

I'm too lazy to type all my shit up now, so i'll edit this post a little later with all the details.

In the mean time, i'm going to post pics of me when I was a 235 pound sack of shit, and then i'm going to post some pics of the new lean and mean version of myself 5 months and 80 less pounds later.

BEFORE:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AFTER:

*NOTE - yes, I have shaved myself since taking these pics :mamoru:*
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stats on myself:

Height: 5'10"
    Starting weight: 235 pounds
    Lowest weight reached: 156 pounds
    Time it took to go from 235 to 156: 5 months
    Current weight: 160 pounds and bulking //// update 10/03/06- 178 lbs. and maintaining now.

Began weight loss program @ 235 pounds the first week of August, 2005 and reached my lowest weight of 156 pounds around the middle of December, 2005.

new "after" pic taken in Washington, D.C. a few weeks ago at the WW2 Memorial:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  2. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

what'd you do to lose all the weight?

3. Accord

Accord New Member

Before I start, let me just say that my only motivation in doing this was to be able to join the Marine Corps. I've wanted to be a Marine my entire life and I finally got serious about it a year ago and in August, 2005 I began my quest to lose the weight and get in shape to be able to join.

I went on a hardcore weight loss diet consisting of all the usual suspects... egg whites, lot's of veggies, salads, ON 100% whey protein powder, flax seed oil, etc. and I ate 5 meals per day. I was constantly pushing my caloric intake to the lowest point I could possibly go without causing my body to go into starvation mode. About every month I had to change up my diet and substitute foods to prevent myself from hitting a plateau. I used 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray' on almost everything I ate. My diet was nothing special, I merely followed the 10 calories for every 1 pound you weigh rule and 1.5g of protein for every 1 pound you weigh rule, and I used the glycemic index and choose my foods wisely and picked the foods with the the lowest GI, then just broke it up into 5 daily meals and I was good to go and consistently lost fat every week.

I did weight training 3x a week on Monday/Wednesday/Friday and I do intense cardio on Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday with Saturday being an off day. My weight training routine basically consisted of just your standard legs/chest/arms/abs/etc. 3 day split routine. Muscle is one of the best fat burners out there, the more muscle you have the more fat you'll burn and the higher your metabolic rate will be. It's also important to lift heavy (none of this pussy low weight high reps shit) so you can keep as much LBM as possible and don't end up looking like a twig with bags of loose skin when you do in fact lose all the weight you need to lose. Tons of people who end up losing a lot of weight end up going from big and fat to skinny and fat, lifting heavy from the beginning will prevent this.

For cardio I did HIIT on the eliptical machine Tuesdays and Thursdays with a long run usually 3+ miles on Sundays. When I FIRST started I wasn't able to do HIIT and I wasn't able to even run 1/4 of a mile, so at the beginning I started doing 20 minutes of just straight cardio on the eliptical machine eventually working my way up to 30 minutes which took a few weeks. After about 1 month is when I started doing HIIT on the eliptical and I started at 15 minutes of doing 30 seconds fast, 1 minute slow and then worked my way up to 25 minutes of 1 minute fast and 30 seconds slow which was pretty intense. When I started doing HIIT I was finally able to run half a mile so every Sunday I would run half a mile and just keep pushing myself, after a few weeks of running half a mile I was eventually able to run 3/4 of a mile, and then one day I just pushed myself to 1 mile which was a huge victory for me and a big mental barrier that I finally crossed. I kept doing my HIIT on Tuesdays and Thursdays and on Sunday I would run 1 mile, I eventually worked my way up to 1.5 miles, 2 miles, 2.5 miles, and 3 miles which was my ultimate goal because that is the distance I have to run for the PFT (physical fitness test) in the Marine Corps. Once I was able to run 3 miles, I then began focusing on getting my time down, I went from 3 miles in 34 minutes to 3 miles in 22:45.

A few months ago I was finally able to meet the minimum IST (initial strength test) requirements and finally able to meet the necessary weight requirements and I officially swore in to the Delayed Entry Program for the Marine Corps and I am shipping off to MCRD Parris Island this summer with the ultimate goal of earning the title of United States Marine.

Right now i'm bulking and focusing on improving my PFT score (3 mile run time, pullups, situps).

That's my story.

Last edited: May 11, 2006
  4. Accord

Accord New Member

Just updated it with new BEFORE and AFTER pictures.

5. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

the first before pic is sexy.:spank:

Congrats on all the weight loss. Put some muscle on you get through PT easier.

6. Accord

Accord New Member

Thanks

Honestly i've got a pretty decent amount of muscle (put on almost 15 pounds of lean body mass since I lost all my weight) but my body is really deceitful looking because i've got so much loose skin so you can't really see that much of my muscle :hsd:. Like my stomach, it's literally rock solid and I can feel a well defined 6 pack but I don't think it'll EVER show up because I have a ridiculous amount of loose skin on my stomach, you can't tell when i'm standing but when I sit down i've got like 4 folds of loose skin folds that are paper thin, it sucks... but i'd rather be in good shape with loose skin than a fat tub of lard with jelly rolls.

7. brettD

brettD New Member

numbers?
    good job really

8. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Congrats man.. that's really awesome. Great work.

9. Accord

Accord New Member

update: I have shaved myself.

10. Nick Gerz

Nick Gerz OT Supporter

:kdubb:

11. Elfling

Elfling New Member

:wavey: How's the Marine life treating you?

12. Accord

Accord New Member

I just finished doing some pyramids on pullups and afterwards I was all sweaty and pumped up and was admiring my massive lats in the mirror and thought "hey, I should take pics and post them on OT!" So here are some new pics of me taken about 5 minutes ago....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can kind of see the loose skin on my stomach area in the pics when i'm slightly bent over, it sucks... i've got rock hard 6 pack abs but there is fuckin paper thin loose skin from when I used to be so fat, so my abs won't show up :wtc:.

13. Sonic

Sonic Live every day to the fullest, for yesterday is go

Excellent progress, but for the love of god learn how to pose.:hsugh:

14. Accord

Accord New Member

I got basically 3 poses....

hold up biceps and flex as hard as I can
    bend over and flex as hard as I can
    parade rest/attention

:mamoru:

15. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Wow. Great work, man.:bigthumb:

16. Accord

Accord New Member

Wow man, coming from you that means a lot. Thanks Timber :bowdown:.

17. GRocks10

GRocks10 New Member

Wow John.. I am simply AMAZED at the hard work you have truly put yourself through and kept at it.. continued and continued without quitting and it SHOWS. You should really be proud of yourself.

18. Jam_Master_J

Jam_Master_J New Member

fuck dude, I never realized you dropped that much weight, good work. You should have done that biggest loser show, and pimped all the fat women. Keep it up nigga.

19. Accord

Accord New Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I ship to USMC boot camp on January 8th :noes:.

20. Elfling

Elfling New Member

*applause* Good job man- you should really be proud of yourself.

21. Accord

Accord New Member

22. Accord

Accord New Member

The hard work has paid off and I am leaving on Monday to ship to Parris Island to become a United States Marine. The next time I post *after* pictures in this thread, will be of me in a set of dress blues.

23. Elfling

Elfling New Member

In for pics, good luck dude!! You've made awesome progress and should be insanely proud of yourself.

24. Accord

Accord New Member

And I kept my promise:

[​IMG]

25. TZ

TZ Banned

:bowdown: nice work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.