Acai Berry...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by socks excite me, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. socks excite me

socks excite me notta new member

Have you guys heard of this stuff? It's supposedly the new hotness, it has something like 10 times the antioxidants of blueberries and they import it from Brazil. (I did a quick search and haven't seen anything posted on it in F&N)

Anyways, I had read about the brand below on AZCentral.com like 4 months ago and then recently my brother said he's been drinking the stuff and has felt better so I figured I'd try it, and I can honestly say I just feel a ton better, I have more energy, I don't feel tired when I wake up in the morning, I'm not hungry or feel the need to snack on crap, I am motivated to go walking/running/hiking/swimming instead of feeling like it's something I have to go do. I dunno.... I'm a big supporter of mind over matter and I've always thought that when I believe something is supposed to do something special that it will but when I started drinking it I had serious doubts about this crap.

Has anyone else heard of it or tried it? I found it for sale in Whole Foods and Wild Oats so far. I heard Trader Joe's carries a few brands, I have only tried the Sambazon one. I've also tried their vitamin C drink, the Amazon Cherry, amazingly enough this stuff doesn't taste like shit, it's actually pretty good.

http://www.sambazon.com/

2. NJGuy

NJGuy "Fuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmef uckmefuckmefuckmefuckm OT Supporter

Voodoo Berries. Id eat some.
    Fuck that premade crap they are selling. Mixed with all kind of other crap I could care less about.

3. Knightmare X

Knightmare X OT Supporter

Sounds interesting, I know pomegranate juice is supposed to have a ton of antioxidants and stuff like that too, it is just so expensive. They have it at the grocery store and a bottle that is about 20 oz or so (maybe less maybe more) is something like $3 to $4.

4. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

I like antioxidants.

5. rugger86

rugger86 New Member

Have had it at several brazilian resturants they mix it with granola. Damn it gets you jacked up!

6. chizzle

chizzle New Member

Hm...I wanna look into this, can I find this at a natty food store or gnc? Or do I have to order it online?

7. Undefined

Undefined New Member

i found some acai berry preserves on ebay. i think im gonna buy it :)

8. VANOS

VANOS .

you wont get energy from anti-oxidants... its probably the guarana they added that you are feeling :dunno:

9. chizzle

chizzle New Member

I got a bottle of it today, cost me $4.19. Gonna try it tomorrow or monday, shit was frozen solid when I got it...apparently to preserve the freshness.

10. Chewbs

Chewbs Swollen Member

I picked up a pack of the frozen smoothie packs today. Haven't tried them yet but I will post my opinion on them here when I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.