A&P aCab's apology thread.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by aCab, May 4, 2009.

1. aCab

aCab New Member

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to apologize for how I have behaved on OTAP. I have no place to talk crap about people who make a living with photography. It took incredible amounts of courage to even step out and take the chance to support ones self off of photography - one that I'm not willing to take at the moment.

It is obvious that I don't appreciate the art of photography in general, and hold standards that I can't always reach myself. Lately, I have been wondering why I even have a camera. I don't take pictures hardly at all anymore, yet I still come in and comment in threads and on photos, when I myself don't even have anything to show.

To those that I really argued a lot with:

Al - Sorry for being such a douche. I really appreciate the help and critique you've provided me in my time on OTAP. I'm amazed at the progress you're made in the past year and can only wish that I have your same level of success in any endeavor that I choose.

Jared - Man, I don't even know where to begin. I have so much respect for you and your work. Your NOIR project was a feat that I don't even want to think about tackling. I'm neither creative or ambitious enough to have such a cohesive portfolio of great work.

Dylan - Sorry for being such a dick. I think at times I am quite envious of you and as such, my responses to you probably aren't the best.

Johnny Chimpo (I don't know your real name) - I probably respect your posts the most out of anyone else on OTAP - maybe because of how you word them, or how we discussed a while back about how you pull them out of your ass, but have them come out so eloquent, mad props. Thought I don't always read every work you write, I appreciate the enthusiasm and alternative view to mine that you bring to the table.

To everyone else:

Keep your spirits high and don't let me or anyone in OTAP tear you apart. You're the only person that can determine your future and only motivation and ambition can guide you there. Somewhere along the way, I lost sight of what mattered most, and that was where I wanted to be with photography. I merely thought I was good enough and that was enough. Never think you are good enough or that you're hot shit or it will catch up to you.

I applaud everyone's efforts to better themselves, I only wish I could do the same.

That said, I have decided to take a hiatus from photography, from OTAP, and probably from OT. I need to focus on other aspects of my life at the moment, and need to rid myself of distractions. I might check in from time to time to see what kind of progress everyone is making, because that is what I really like to see.

Other thanks:

Ben - thanks for not being too rough on me. I hope everything works out for you in taking photo full time (and good luck with the new job), I'll be around FB and twitter - I love watching Kami get older.

Joey - man, another person who I really admire, not only in photography, but in success in life in general. You've got a really bright future. I don't know how you do so well at tech and still have time for photography, a long distance GF, and a social life. Maybe one of these days we can get lunch or something in Atlanta.

Craig - you're probably one of the photographers that exposes yourself the least on OTAP. I look at your portfolio and can only wish I could conceive some of the images you do.

Jesse - props to you for serving our country. I'll still be around on IM. If you need anything, hit me up. I'm excited to see what kind of progress you make once you make it back stateside. I can tell you're poised to hit the ground running.

Jim - You old man. I appreciate all the kind words and help. I really admire you for chasing after your dreams in your career path and your ambition later in life to come back to an old love.

I know I have forgotten some people, but this has already taken entirely so long, so I'm sorry.

If anyone needs to contact me, don't hesitate to send me an email at [email protected], as I won't be checking my PMs very much.

Thanks again for everything. I'll be around, but I really need to focus on other aspects of my life right now. Hopefully I'll be back when I get my life and my future straightened out.

2. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

It's OT, we bust balls. Best of luck man.

3. mikeskillz

mikeskillz New Member

good luck. later bro

4. UnNakedChef

UnNakedChef 2jz Sackrider Holder

I blame vwpilot's long winded post.

But in all seriousness, good luck with your quest to improve yourself. Having humility and acknowledging one's own shortcomings are the first and most important step to fixing them. Well, at least that's what I've heard about people with shortcomings...I really don't have any personal experience with that sort of thing.

5. Girth

Girth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OT Supporter

6. Jonny Chimpo

Jonny Chimpo OT Supporter

wat? I'm not sure if this is serious or sarcasm, tbh. :o

I certainly haven't been described as respected or eloquent on OTAP before, so I have to think it's sarcasm. :rofl:

7. Jbrown

Jbrown OT Supporter

:love:

You're not gonna get on webcam with me anymore and show me how an umbrella bracket works? :wtc:

:o

8. Gvidon

Gvidon New Member

cliffs?

9. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

haha what?

10. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

I hope it is 110% sarcasm because i'd call BS immediately if he was serious.

11. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

I skimmed the thread, did he kill himself or what?

12. Drunken Karnie Midget

Drunken Karnie Midget In Yeo We Trust, All Others Pay Cash OT Supporter

nah.

CLIFFS: Apologized to some of the more vocal individuals in regards to the "With one year and gear" bullshit, and said he's takin a hiatus from shooting, OTAP, and OT. he'll be back.

13. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

14. HighTachPres

HighTachPres New Member

15. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

dude :eek3:, thanks for the kind words, really. i appreciate it.
    good luck to you, we'll be in touch for sure.

16. someonenew

someonenew He's Dangerous

wait...what....

17. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

Thanks man! But come on... It's OT. I believe one of the rules is "don't take this shit too seriously." If that's not in the rules, it should be.

We all have opinions and theories that others here don't agree with. Hell, how long did Adam and I go back and forth on the noise issues?

No one's intention here was to discourage you, convince you to leave or uin your fun. But a healthy dose of reality is sometimes needed to get yourself in check.

Besides, you don't need to be a photographer to hang out here... Look around. :p

18. Mutombo

Mutombo New Member

Best of luck with everything :hug:

19. Wheezer

Wheezer OT Supporter

Now I know your full of shit! Good luck man. See you on FB. :wavey:

20. f/2.8L

f/2.8L New Member

21. ace3

ace3 mouthify my wang.

wtf is this all aboot?

22. psykosis

psykosis Go placidly amid the noise and the haste

:eek3:

I didn't make the list...

23. DRAIGON

DRAIGON New Member

aCab has reached the bottom of the bottle. Taking a break from the Internets to fill it back up.

24. DRAIGON

DRAIGON New Member

Big balls aCab, Big balls. Good luck with all your quests of rejuvenation.

25. Drunken Karnie Midget

Drunken Karnie Midget In Yeo We Trust, All Others Pay Cash OT Supporter