A&P aCab, sports photographer

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by aCab, Apr 29, 2009.

1. aCab

aCab New Member

2. ok_computer

ok_computer OT Supporter

This was fucking stupid

3. Jonny Chimpo

Jonny Chimpo OT Supporter

OMG! That's the best ONE picture ever posted on the internet!!! You're totally better than that hack Darren Heath!!!! You've completely proven your point by posting ONE picture, and you should call the FIA and demand a job! I feel your e-penis all over me hnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggghhhhhh!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

4. asdfbunk

asdfbunk A Member OT Supporter

What the fuck happened today, seriously.

5. ok_computer

ok_computer OT Supporter

aCab is going down the desi- chick's road

6. Jonny Chimpo

epic homosexuality and failure? :dunno:

7. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

were you using a ND filter and shooting at the sweet spot or using f22?

8. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

Plef'd.

9. aCab

aCab New Member

naw, I hate all you fuckers just the same. :wiggle:

10. aCab

aCab New Member

So, I have no potential, that being my first and only road race, shooting with a rebel XT and a 70-200 f/4L?

First day out, I think I did pretty decent. You think that after a year, I couldn't get pretty fucking good?

11. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

no one is saying you couldnt get decent with a year of experience shooting it non stop. but to be on the same level shooter as Darren is just ludicrous, even you have to know that.

thats like saying: because you can hit a home run at your first baseball game, that after a year and the right equipment playing the right games, you can be hop in with the yankees.

12. Jonny Chimpo

Re-read my post, obviously you're the best photographer alive since you've posted ONE pic. Nevermind that most pros shoot thousands of - CONSISTENTLY good, well composed and well exposed - photos in a single weekend, you've taken ONE photo. All you need is $50k in gear and some press creds and you're totally set for life. Mad pro, son. Respect.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

13. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

fucking dot

14. Keegan

Keegan New Member

:rofl::rofl:
    Was thinking that in the original sports photographer thread... but then realized he'll still take criticism and not remove his photos :rofl:

15. aCab

aCab New Member

So now, because I've only posted one picture that I got while shooting a race for 45 minutes, you assume that I couldn't be on his level or close to his level after a year or two of experience? If anything, those first two years would be better, because I wouldn't have to turn in results to anybody, there would be no pressure.

And as for the gear aspect, it'd be nice to have a 1d for the AF, esp. for F1, as well as a decently fast focusing lens that would also have the reach that I needed.

16. ok_computer

ok_computer OT Supporter

So- just to clarify: You think that if you had access to all the gear you wanted, and accreditation to any motorsports event you wanted for the course of 2 years, you could make it to the same level as the dude the other thread was about?

Because there are hundreds of other motorsport photographers who DO have all of that equipment, who HAVE been going to all the events they want, for MANY years, dozens of years, who aren't as good as him. He is considered perhaps the best (I'm just going by what I've read, never heard of him before that thread, motorsports :hay:), and his competition is experienced professionals.. and thos experienced, well equipped pros can't keep up with him, but you could?

17. aCab

aCab New Member

Level - photo wise - not popularity and business wise.

Good is relative. Anyone with the right eye and right timing could take the same pictures - it's selling them that is another story.

As for gear, I don't need access to anything I wanted, just maybe a 300 f/2.8 IS L and a 1d mkIII. Nothing major. I can do a lot with a little.

18. turbodude

wow man, i dont want to be mean but are you smoking crack?

re-read what you said.

"Anyone with the right eye and right timing could take the same pictures"

YEAH THATS THE FUCKING POINT!!!! You wont have that in a year and then some. It may take you 10 years, you may never get that.

And to be perfectly honest your one image is decent at best. Nothing sets it apart. I see a panning shot of a bike, i dont see anything that pops out at me at all. I guarantee you that every person at that event has taken that same type of picture you posted. I dont understand your arrogance. Its to the point that it disrespects Darren for what he has done and discredits him as a photographer.

19. aCab

aCab New Member

So considering I had never panned in my life before that day, and had been shooting for a total of 6 months at that time, never having owned even a P&S before, there is no hope for me?

I'm don't mean to come off as arrogant, but people were sucking his nuts in the other thread for a bunch of stuff that I know I would be able to replicate.

I'm sure he's a hell of a business man and no doubt has skills, but I feel that if I had the same opportunity, I'd be able to consistently put out similar work.

That's the whole point of this.

You may feel differently about my ability to excel in photography, or anything for that matter, and that's perfectly fine. You don't know me personally, what I am about, how easy or hard photography came to me when I was just starting. You just know me by what I post.

I'm sorry if I came off as arrogant and disrespectful, I didn't mean to, but at the same time, I'm not going to suck the nuts of someone I know I could do similar work as.

I like his work and it reminds me of what I would shoot given the opportunity. I'm not a photo elitist, it just takes a lot to impress me.

Oh, and for the record, I still don't particularly care for Ansel Adams :jerkit:

20. turbodude

You saying this, makes you arrogant.

especially after having only shot 1 race.

and for the record i dont believe in sackriding, however i do give credit where credit is due.

21. Jbrown

Jbrown OT Supporter

22. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

And you don't think that if you gave the guy your XT and 70-200 he couldn't make a good image?

Seriously dude, you sound cocky, not confident. There's a big difference and I'm sure you think you can do just as good a job as him, but really until you HAVE there's no need for the cockyness.

It's more than just equipment and access, there's talent, and that's not something that you can just tell people you have, you need to prove it.

23. MSTRBKR

MSTRBKR New Member

What have I started :rofl:

24. Drunken Karnie Midget

Drunken Karnie Midget In Yeo We Trust, All Others Pay Cash OT Supporter

a couple of trainwrecks.

25. Climbing Cracker

Climbing Cracker I am the Devil. And I am here to do the Devil's w

what the fuck is going on here?! :ugh: