Absolute no motivation

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Sebulous, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulous

Sebulous New Member

I really want to go to the gym and loss some weight. I was skinny guy a few years ago, 6' at 140lbs. I used to compete in martial art sparing so I was in shape.

Feb 2002 I went snowboarding. I totally fucked myself up on a crash. I slinkied down the mountaint basically. I ripped a/the muscles that stretch from your quads up towards ab area. I had 'faux' hernias. I have every system of hernias, but I don't have them. Strenous or even medium use of leg muscles creates a popping tension in my hip.

zip over to 2005 and off a bedrest order, I can't do much. I went from that 6' 140lbs to 6'2" 190lbs. It is mostly fat.

NOW THE PROBLEM. I lack motivation to regularly hit the gym or even run, since both wind up making me hurt to no end. sometimes I can't even get stand up the next day. I don't regularly go because I accutally need to standup and sit down at work. I feel I use this as an excuse to not go to the gym. Its totally valid, but in order to repair it, I need to work out some.

The only time I ever feel like going to the gym is after I watch a fight and get my adrenaline flowing.

anything you guys do to force yourself to the gym?

(even if I was promised to get laid everynite and never have to work if i went to the gym atleast twice a week, i couldn't. MAYBE if my life depended on it, but even then bleh)

sorry for extensive paragraphs. pet peev of mine to see a long post in 1 paragraph =P

(and im going to sleep, so no responds till 24hours-ish

2. cochise

cochise OT Supporter

people on the internets are not gonna get you to go to the gym.

the desire has to come from you.

p.s. - not lifting because you need to sit and stand is the stupidest excuse i have ever heard.

3. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

If the crash fucked you up that bad, maybe the gym isn't the place for you.

You can fix your diet though.

4. y0gfx

y0gfx BURAAAJYANAII!!!

If he doesn't have the motivation to go to the gym, he might not have the motivation for the diet.

I think your best bet is to just continue your original martial art "hobby," and just try to take up fun things which get your heart rate up. Eventually you may find a need to push yourself and you can use that to get you going. I don't think you can gain any source of motivation other than yourself, so.... *shrug* Find something quick before you become a total fatass.

5. SteveO

SteveO Guest

you gotta have fun in the gym. You just go in there like it's a second job, and you are there to bust your ass

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.