ABS crew: Diet isnt working

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by pharmokan, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pharmokan

pharmokan OT Supporter

im on a low carb diet. basically like a bowl of oatmeal / cereal in morning with some fruit. then at lunch i eat meat + salad. the meat i eat is like chicken thighs, steak, whatever but they are somewhat high in fat content. i eat just small portion of meat @ dinner time. i have been doin this diet for months now and i have lost 30 pounds i think. its good for losing weight but since i was 200 pounds, im now 170 and there is this pudge of fat on my lower stomach that i cant seem to get rid of. now is this because i used to be so much heavier that this is something i cant lose anymore? or is it cause of the fatty content of meat that i regularly eat combined with cooking oil and all that shit that keeps me from losing some fat around my abdominal region?

2. turbo35

turbo35 haters gonna hate

Do you have any muscle underneath to show? Work out at all?

3. TZ

TZ Banned

get your bodyfat measured, and start counting calories would be your best bet

4. pharmokan

pharmokan OT Supporter

i have some definition down there depending on how the light hits it when im not flexxing it. i work out once a week. my body fat is pretty low and

TZ: im already counting calories i guess with my diet. i mean how much calories would 2.5 meals yield? im pretty sure my daily intake is <2000 and its been like that for months.

HALP

5. TZ

TZ Banned

depends how big the meals are, and what youre eating. some meals could easily be 2000+ calories for me and others here :hs:

6. TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder OT Supporter

working out once a week?

theres your problem

7. The Boy Bastard

The Boy Bastard Bewbie's??

Yup, not to mention if you have been on this diet for months as you say, your body is used to it. Without a change in diet and added activity in your lifestyle you won't get the look you are after. The lower the body fat drops the harder your body fights to maintain its current form.

8. pharmokan

pharmokan OT Supporter

so i have to lower my calorie intake in order to change my diet?: or go on a diff one? which ever diet im going to switch to isnt going to be as effective as this one. i mean i lost 30 pounds within almost a year. thats a lot. what diet do u sugguest? 6 meals a day + low fat food?

9. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

certainly your body doesn't need more than like 1500 calories

10. The Boy Bastard

The Boy Bastard Bewbie's??

I wouldn't lower calories any more, but at any point to do take one day a week where you eat maybe 2000? Not to mention that working out once a week is not the most effective way to drop body fat. If you increase your workout habit, your caloric needs and diet will have to change accordingly as well.

That's great you have lost that amount of weight, but there is also a point of diminishing returns as well. If your weight is settling around your body's natural "set point" that is when it will be much more difficult to get a drop in body fat. Now that you have lost so much you have to start focusing on keeping what muscle you do have in order to keep your metabolism elevated. It’s possible to decrease inches and the scale not to drop. You might consider getting a body fat test so you have a base to go on at this point. Just depends how important it is too you at this point and how close you are to achieving what you want.

11. pharmokan

pharmokan OT Supporter

sorry i should have clarified, i work ABS once a week. i work out 3-4 times a week. at this point im not looking to gain any muscle, just keep my metabolism going like u said and keep my muscles from losing mass because of the diet im on. i feel what u are saying is my case where i lost so much im at a point where it would be hard to lose any more and get more lean. i know how hard it is to get abs i have did it before, but now i feel like something is wrong, whether it be the diet im on or is it because my body is changing or maybe its cause of my workouts.

my workouts may also be something wrong with them. i dont usually switch up excercises ever since my fitness classes got cancelled. i do fat burn on the elliptical 2 times a week, abs, and mostly upper body.

i now have a better sense of the possible things that could be wrong. at this point in time i question what u brought up earlier whether i should take the next step and put in the extra effort to reach my goal. most likely im going to switch gyms to take those fitness classes cause those classes really switch up stuff weekly and keep me on top of my thing.

thanks for ur help :bigthumb:

12. BarbaraWaltersPegleg

BarbaraWaltersPegleg Irish Guido

13. georgexi

georgexi o.O OT Supporter

how tall are you? are you ripped in the morning?

14. Anabolic Pop-Tarts

Anabolic Pop-Tarts New Member

Anti-Lock Braking System?

In.

:mamoru:

15. pharmokan

pharmokan OT Supporter

5'10, 170

BMI is kind of border line between normal and slightly overweight but thats cause i have teh musclz

16. Anabolic Pop-Tarts

Anabolic Pop-Tarts New Member

You do, huh?

17. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

Your diet sux huge donkey balls. that is your problem!!

18. Plan B

Plan B New Member

:werd:

I'm beginning to wonder if he smoked himself stupid and made this thread to troll :sad2:

19. Plan B

Plan B New Member

I'm 5'9 @ 190 and my two pack is starting to show in the morning :mamoru:

20. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

Are you still smoking weed and PCP all the time? Those things aren't going to help when you get so fucked up you don't remember all the Funyuns and powdered donuts you are eating.

21. georgexi

georgexi o.O OT Supporter

you're still a bit "heavy" so that's why you still have the gut. clean-cut down to 160 and i bet you'll look a lot more ripped. i'm the same height as you and maintain around 155-160 for summer season to keep the stomach mostly flat :)

22. pharmokan

pharmokan OT Supporter

u dont know anything about anything.

23. pharmokan

pharmokan OT Supporter

:hahano:

24. pharmokan

pharmokan OT Supporter

i feel the 10 pounds i will lose from this low carb diet will be off mah musclz

instead of gut fat :hs:

25. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

this just in:

abs dont develop by losing weight :ugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.