About to purchase this receiver, speaker suggestion.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by VoOdOoVyPeR, Oct 1, 2006.

1. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

Hey, I'm about to purchase a harman/kardon receiver model AVR240. for a little over $350. I'm having difficulty finding speakers to fit this receiver. Any suggestions?

If anyone has any opinions on the receiver as well, feel free to throw them in, its not a definite decision. Just looking to upgrade my current Samsung 5.1 home theater system.

ps. im not in the market for a home theater system, unless it DOESNT have the dvd player in it.

Thanks in advance.

2. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Why are you having difficulty finding speakers? How much do you want to spend? Do you want floorstanding or smaller speakers? What type of sound are you looking for?

3. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

well i didnt want to make the mistake of purchasing speakers thatd be better fit for a more advanced receiver and thus, waste money. floorstand or small doesnt matter to me. and im looking for powerful sounds, crystal clear vocals and sound effects. and a sub that packs a hell of a goddamned punch. perhaps 10 or 12" but im not looking to spend more than 500, so i think it may be a case of "whats best for my budget" and itll probly only be 5.1 for now, i havent the correct spots in my room to stick back speakers.

4. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Well 5.1 has rear speakers. Mabye you meant 2.1? My recommendation would be go to local places and listen to alot of speakers to find something you like. Then purchase online. It'll be hard to find anything decent for 500 including a sub at a retail location.

5. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

no im saying with 7.1, the very back speakers that go behind you. 5.1, the two back surround channels have optimal sound when placed to the side 90 degrees from ur head on eachside. 7.1 are supposed to be place in back of you.