About to order this... Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Antilles, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Antilles

Antilles New Member

Front Speakers - MB Quart PSD 213
    Rear Speakers - Infinity 692.5i
    Cd Deck - Alpine CDA 7893

That's costing me roughly $600 shipped.

Around Christmas time I'm going to add two Infinity Kappa Perfect 12's, and I'm still debating the amp (probably a Kicker).

I'm going for SQ, not so much SPL.

All this is going into my '01 Grand Am, I just wanted to hear from you guys on a yay or nay or any comments. Thanks. :)

2. 04

04 Guest

First of all, have you even listened to the speakers you plan on getting? They are incredibly bright sounding. If you like A LOT of treble then this is good.... Second, if you are going for sound quality, you will want to get an external amplifier to power those speakers.

I would not go with rear speakers, more money, and it will screw up your soundstage.

3. Antilles

Antilles New Member

Re: Re: About to order this... Yay or Nay?

I havn't personally heard them..but my friend has, and he likes them a lot, and also says they are very bright sounding. I listen to punk rock, so I reaaaaaaally want to be able to hear the vocals over the bass. I'm only 17 years old, as in, my cash flow isn't all that great. I will def. add a second amp for the speakers later on.

I also thought about leaving the rear speakers out.. but I decided to get some Infinitys to use as filler sound.

4. 04

04 Guest

Re: Re: Re: About to order this... Yay or Nay?

When I said they are bright sounding, I meant for treble, like sounds like cymbals crashing.

Also, what are the prices on all the products you are getting?

5. Antilles

Antilles New Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: About to order this... Yay or Nay?

MB Quart PSD 213 $220
    Infinity 692.5i $118
    Alpine CDA 7893 $269

Including shipping.

6. taco

taco Guest

definetly get an external amp for those speakers. the mb quarts will be alot quieter than stock speakers without an amp.

Just my personal opinion but I wouldn't even bother getting back speakers. I haven't had a pair of back speakers in a vehicle for years.