About to jump ship on Windows

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Background Music, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Background Music

Background Music I have a love/hate relationship with love and hate

I want to abandon ship on Windows and dive into a new mac laptop (either MB or MBP)

Should I hold off and wait for Leopard to come out? Is there a performance upgrade coming?

I would hate to spend a ton of money and have a new refresh happen a month after I buy the thing.

I'm a college student and would mostly use it to do homework, browse OT, and possibly do some light video work, nothing crazy.

Help :hsd:

2. DjShiznit

DjShiznit Representing Deutschland, yah.

I guess you could wait for Leopard, but I'm not sure when that may be released. One could argue that you could wait forever for the next refresh / update, and may as well buy now. I don't think this is a particularly bad time to buy. Worst case scenerio, you buy a copy of Leopard, or source one another way. I'm usually more concerned with hardware updates as opposed to software updates. :dunno:

3. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

might as well wait till later in 2007 when they hopefully start shipping macbooks that are backlit with leds

4. canIscream

canIscream Dog Crew is Best Crew

There's always something to wait for that is new and better. Sooner or later you just have to do it. Just buy it. Sourcing copies of OSX is never really a challenge.

5. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

By the sounds of what you need, I'd go with a Macbook.

Just get it now, it will be plenty fast (being a C2D) and get 1-2 gb of RAM.

The only thing worth waiting for is leopard, but it will only be like a $100 upgrade, and it may not be out for another 4 months, who knows.

I'd just get it and upgrade to leopard later, they wont be releasing new cores for the laptops anytime soon.