About to break up with g/f

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by UsualSuspect, May 30, 2007.

1. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Sic Semper Tyrannis

I've been with her for almost 5 months and I cheated on her with my ex a week ago. She has been nothing but sweet and caring and i couldn't show self-control.

I'm such an idiot. :o

Will update later.

2. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

just lie like everyone else.

3. UsualSuspect

Guilt is a hard thing to live with.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Do the right thing and break up with her ASAP. Doesn't care if you think she's "really nice," because if that's the case she deserves someone that won't cheat on her.

5. ladiik3

ladiik3 New Member

do u even want to be with her??

6. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

this is the question u should b asking

7. iwishyouwerebeer

Obviously not since he's cheating on her with his ex :rolleyes:

That's not the point, he needs to break up with her so she can have a good relationship.

8. UsualSuspect

I told her and she reacted as you would expect. I feel so horrible. I can't believe that I did it. We talked for about an hour and left it with her taking some time to see if she wants to work through it or move on.

As crazy as it sounds I didn't have sex with the ex b/c i have feelings for her. It was a purely selfish sexual action.

9. Hawkal

Hawkal dammit,wtf? OT Supporter

:madfawk:
    My ex did not do it, but she left me for some guy online, crying back two weeks later, prolly gonna make a thread about it.

How much do you really like her? Will you ever do this again? If she's a keeper, buy her flowers (expensive ones, you ass) and tell her how damn retarded you are. Then tell her how you've learned your lesson (you better have) and you'd really like to work it out. Then give her time.

Good luck.

Jerk.

10. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

If you are certain it won't happen again, I don't see why you need to break up with her.

If you really like her, I think you should stay with her.

As men, we have limited opportunities to inseminate women. This is why it is so hard for us to pass up opportunities to cheat. Our biological drive is to inseminate as many women as possible, so that our genes have the best chance of surviving into the future.

The main thing is to avoid situations in which you know you are likely to be tempted.

11. iwishyouwerebeer

Come on Yail. Are you really telling this guy to just try and stay with his faithful girlfriend when he admittedly cheated on her selfishly? You really don't believe he should just let her go so he can fuck whoever he wants without hurting anyone in the process?

12. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

That is NOT what he said. A relationship is not just failed because one member cheated, almost all long-term relationships have cheating on one side or the other, when it is admitted and worked out you know a relationship really has a chance. Mistakes happen, working through them determines whether or not a relationship is worth the trouble. Just saying 'Damn, I fucked up, time to move on" is dumb.

13. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

If he honestly believes he can avoid circumstances that will make it more likely that he will cheat, then yes I stand by my post.

You know as well as I do that people of both sexes often cheat only because they put themselves in situations they know damn well they shouldn't be in.

We all have that drive to seek sex outside our relationships. Its part of our biology and we can't help it. The trick is to avoid the temptation.

If he is going to continue to cheat, however, I fully support that he should break it off with her.

Personally, if my woman cheated once and it never happened again, I would prefer she didn't tell me and for us to stay together. But if it were to continue, I would want the relationship to end.

14. iwishyouwerebeer

Really? Where are the stats on that?

So if your gf cheated on you with her ex. Apologized profusely that it would never happen again....you're telling me you'd forgive her, take her back, and most likely continue a fulfilling long term relationship? I really doubt that. Why not let her go, since she's supposedly so "sweet and caring" and let him go on his way single, where he can fuck whoever he wants whenever he wants.

15. iwishyouwerebeer

I'm not disagreeing at all that men and women cheat. I'm also not disagreeing with the fact that the urges are there. But obviously he put himself in the position and acted on it with a girl he not only knows, but a girl he dated. His current gf is never ever going to trust him again anyways. He may say "I'll never do it again!" Like all people who have cheated say. And he might say he'll never put himself in that position again, but when are we not in that position many times in our lives? He obviously doesn't have that much respect for her since he was able to do it once.

16. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I was under the impression that she doesn't know.

I'm saying, don't tell her, and don't let it happen again.

If its likely to happen again, he should end the relationship.

17. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

If I thought my gf just made a stupid mistake, she was genuinely sorry for it, and wanted the relationship to still work, yes I'd give it a chance. Again, shit happens, and most 'cheating' is just sexual desire manifesting itself when someone is weakened by drugs, alcohol, massive temptation, etc. It's not the end of the world. Maybe the relationship works, maybe it doesn't, but if there's a reason to save it a snaggle isn't justification for an end.

edit- A serious gf, with a good reason to save the relationship, not just someone I barely know.

18. iwishyouwerebeer

He already told her and she was devastated.

19. iwishyouwerebeer

Alright man. If you get ever get cheated on come back here and tell us how rational and understanding you are of her "mistake."

20. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

If she cheats and I find out about it, we're done. No doubt about it.

What I said was, if it were to only happen once, I wouldn't want to be told about it.

Are you following me?

21. iwishyouwerebeer

Yep. My point was just that he already has told her, so that advice is unfortunately null and void in this situation.

22. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Ok obviously I missed the part where he told her.

Now the ball is in her court.

Women take back men who cheat like 90% of the time, but now she feels she has a "get some dick free card" and you know she will cash it in at some point.

23. VinylButterfly

VinylButterfly In Utero

There's no need to break up with her if you still want to be with her. If you just be honest wiht her she will appreciate that, and then you 2 can go from there.

Mistakes happen and if you're honest with her, andgenuinely sorry for what you have done, and go extra lengths to make up for it, ad show her you care, then you wont *necessarily* lose her.

Even if shes one of those peole who doesnt take back cheaters.I was one of those but one of my bfs did cheat on me, he told me straight away (didnt sleep with her) I was cut and was going to dump him, but he showed me he cared and whatnot so we stayed together. Broken up now, but for different reasons.

24. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Cheating, IMO, is a sign that you are not really in love with your partner. Time to move on and let that wonderful woman find a man who can really respect her - and himself.

25. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

...You really like straw man don't you?