TAT About Tattoo Pricing, (Awful Question I Know)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Uthinkso, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Uthinkso

Uthinkso Tattoo Canvas

I am only in the idea stage right now, but I am having my forearm sleeve done as my next piece (wrist-elbow all the way around)

I know every artist I have ever worked with has a different pricing breakdown then of course there is always the "buddy" quotient that works in.

I am prepared to spend $12-1500 for a good piece, especially since the forearms are really your flagship pieces I don't know that 2k would even be too much.

So onto my question, what did you pay for your sleeve work or what would you expect to pay. I know the design will come into play of course, but either way when you cover that much area there is a general price of doing business and taking up the chair.

Thanks In Advance.

2. deznutz

deznutz New Member

My friends tattoo was black and white on his forearm and was 100

3. Bausk

Bausk New Member

He was asking about sleeve work.

I can't be of much help either. The place where I got my tattoo (not a sleeve, but it is fairly large on my shoulder), charged by the hour not the tattoo. XS tattoo in Rochester if you want to check them out. I was very happy with the design and work, but it was expensive ($150 per hour).

4. Uthinkso

Uthinkso Tattoo Canvas

I am looking at Electric Superstition on Woodward and 11 1/2 mile. I am thinking of using Jime' Litwalk.

5. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Jime is an amazing artist! i wish i could get down there to get something done by him

6. Poe

Poe What Would Johnny Cash Do? OT Supporter

I have my upper arms pretty much covered (not quite all the way around) and they ran about 600 each