MIL about a Special Forces Medic that was on that chopper that got shot down in afghan...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DaRkPhAnToM, Jul 5, 2005.

1. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

"Sergeant First Class Marcus V. Muralles was supposed to be on his way back to the United States to celebrate his daughter's 10th birthday on July 4. But the former Shelbyville resident's plans changed at the last minute, family members said Saturday.

Muralles, 33, was among the 16 U.S. troops killed Tuesday when their helicopter was shot down during a rescue mission in eastern Afghanistan.

The Army medic got the assignment, which involved the search for a missing elite military team, after another medic suffered a leg injury.

"When the Army officer came to tell us that Marcus was on the helicopter, I told him that couldn't be," said Bob Dill, Shelbyville, his stepfather. "I said his wife talked to him two days ago, and he was all packed up and ready to go for his daughter's birthday.""

-from
    http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/mvmuralles.htm

Jesus that is sad. hopefully his funeral will be next week so i will be doing it. its amazing how a lot of these guys that die have weird or odd instances about how or when they die. ive heard alot of stories like this one, that just make your hair stand up about how freaky the circumstances were to their deaths. RIP Doc, thanks for being on that chopper so you could rescue and treat those SEALs, you gave your life in the process of going to save another

2. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

An Army officer in full dress uniform came to see me at work a few months ago. It freaked the entire office out, since everyone knows I have sons in Iraq. :wtc:

Luckily I had the day off. That would have fucked me up for sure. :hsd:

3. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

That whole situation with the SEALs and the rescue chopper this last week has really hit me harder than any of the other stories I read about and I don't know why - Even though I have friends on the ground in Iraq that regularly go on patrols and are in convoys, etc, it doesn't hit me as hard to hear about convoys and patrols being hit by IED's.

:wtc: