SRS About a girl...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DarkDruid, Mar 24, 2008.

1. DarkDruid

DarkDruid The Power of The Awesome

I met this girl named Andrea as well as this guy Nate about the same time two years ago in high school. I had met them on separate occasions and terms but they ended up dating. Now I had become like very good friends with them and life was going good and I kinda treated the girl Andrea like a friend because I wanted to respect their relationship. Inside I have always been attracted to and felt a deep connection with the girl and she is honestly the reason I began dating in the first place. At her birthday last month I found out she had broken up with my friend Nate (they are cool with each other and still hang) and had just started dating this kid from her school named Spencer (was a pretty chill kid). Anyways we have begun hanging out a shit ton more from like maybe 1 a month to like 4-5 times a week and she has really been there for me as I have been having some hard times with my mom being sick. Anyways as I have been hanging with her more I began to truly realize that I REALLY like this girl and have for some time and as we have become much closer I am beginning to see a large chance at a relationship. It seems she has been showing large amounts of interest in me, but she may just be being a good friend but it seems like there has been more.

My plan is to calmly and collectively while we hanging out tell her how I feel for her and just let it sit out there so at least she knows I like her and see what happens from there. I don't mind staying best friends with her if she is not interested but honestly she is the coolest/most unique girl I have ever known and one of the only girls I have ever met that has shown that she cares. Whats your guys advice? :sadwavey:

2. artistry727

artistry727 OT ftw

Just tell her man, I guarantee your good. Good luck man :Wavey:

3. althepirate

althepirate Talk nerdy to me.

That's sweet and mature of you :) Just make sure she knows that it's no pressure...you just want her to know that you're interested in her.

4. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

Keep in mind brotato that it is one or the other. Once you tell her, in most cases, it will be all or nothing. If she accepts, shazam you're happily ever after. If she doesn't accept she will probably be weirded out to the point you guys can't be best friends with the new information you have dispatched. You need to figure out if you are willing to sacrifice her friendship for girlfriendship. Really take some time to figure that out. After that, you can proceed. If you want to test the waters first, maybe crack a joke about a relationship and pay attention to her reaction.

Good luck broseph and keep us updated

5. DarkDruid

I like everything I have heard but do I bring it up and kinda build up to it, or do I kinda have her walk into it like Metallic Blue said in his last post?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  6. althepirate

althepirate Talk nerdy to me.

And men get on women's cases for playing mind/word games....

Honestly, it's up to you since there are pros and cons to both ways of going about it. "Tricking her," as you put it, is a great strategy if you manage not to come off as insecure and scared of asking straight out. Asking her straight out is more likely to scare her off if you push her the least bit too hard but can probably get you a more honest answer.

7. DarkDruid

I am still confused, I am wondering if I should wait before I fully admit it but instead hint to it, and then later after building up to it say it, that way I am not just springing it on her, but I like you guys way of quietly bringing it into conversation. I think I am just getting nervous about asking her out, lol.

8. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

Don't get all psyched out. Do what Metallic Blue said, it makes the most sense. If you do what he says you will find out what the deal is. And if she says no you may still be able to be friends. Go for it:x:

9. DarkDruid

Let me give you all an update because things have kinda changed slightly. Every Tuesday our group of friends meets at a restaurant to hang out and whatever. And the girl Andrea arrived and when she sat next to me she seemed out of it. So when someone brought it up she said she felt "emotionally sick". Everyone left it at that and when continued to hang but that thought of what she said stuck in the back of my head. Well later on one of my loose lady friends was riding in the same car as Andrea and they were having a girl talk and it turns out Andrea "reeaally likes me" and said she thinks I am "brilliant". The only issue that I discovered was that her current BF Spencer is going into the Marines after this year so he is going to be gone, which is what tore her up. Do I stick with my plans of bringing it up now or wait it out a bit is what I am wondering. I don't want to like make things between her and this Spencer kid end badly but how do I put my foot in the door so that when he is out of the picture I am up to bat?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  10. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I can't believe everyone in her telling him to tell her/make a move when she is dating a guy. I don't care if she's admitted to liking you.

11. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Is she in an exclusive relationship, or single? I got the impression she was dating Spencer, not that it was exclusive.

Nevermind, I got my answer. Stay silent, and do not advance. She is not in a position to get involved with you. I also would advise waiting months until Spencer is out of her system after he leaves. If she dates someone inbetween you don't have to be worried, he'll just be a rebound, and you don't want to be him.